Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

how come?
Just seem like they don’t have a good Holeshot. Heavy motors. Lack of dealers. Tell tale always clogs for some reason.

my kickers a Honda 9.9 and my tell tale clogs all the time. Like almost every trip. I google the issue and it seems like they all do from kickers to 200+ HP.

I love Honda for all other things. Dirt bikes, generators, lawn mowers, etc. Just never liked the outboards

Honda builds more internal combustion engines than anyone in the world......I think they are probably alright

Just seem like they don’t have a good Holeshot. Heavy motors. Lack of dealers. Tell tale always clogs for some reason.

my kickers a Honda 9.9 and my tell tale clogs all the time. Like almost every trip. I google the issue and it seems like they all do from kickers to 200+ HP.

I love Honda for all other things. Dirt bikes, generators, lawn mowers, etc. Just never liked the outboards

That’s interesting, I haven’t run into it yet. I’m not huge hours but between my kicker and main Honda’s I’m a bit over 1500 hours and never an issue of any sort. Totally agree on the weight though.

That’s interesting, I haven’t run into it yet. I’m not huge hours but between my kicker and main Honda’s I’m a bit over 1500 hours and never an issue of any sort. Totally agree on the weight though.

Same here Honda Main and kicker have been bullet proof. Likely 2000+ hours between the two pushing what everyone on here would say is a heavy boat for the HP. 2007 Generation. Newer motors are lighter of almost every brand but if anyone has heavy Honda 200hp they want to dump on someone I'm your man!

how come?
My dad has a Honda 225 in his north west jet lots of power tell tail has plugged up twice. Bigger problem though was the injectors fouled up and was getting fuel into the oil had to be replaced no issues since. The 9.9 kicker ate a water pump impeller last year otherwise a good motor.
Has been mentioned already finding a dealership is an issue.

Ya I see what you mean after looking at pictures of them on the internet with guys standing by the cabin door. So odd why the manufacturer would make them like that an not just at least high enough so you don't have to duck every time you walk around in them.

I wonder if it’s a matter of centre of balance. If they make the roof any higher it makes for a much more topsy turvy ride. There’s only so much hull below on a 19’ boat.

Wonder if there is a step down into the cabin so that there's standing room without ducking? Found a stock picture of one with guys standing on the fish deck and it looks like this cabin is short too.

View attachment 51338

That is a XLC model with the extended cabin and private washroom and is large inside. There is a 8 inch step down into the cabin. I'm 6' 2"+ and never hit the ceiling in side the boat. There is lots of height in side.

I owned and chartered with the same boat 2007 to 2019 and did around 2000 trips . Never had a problem with the boat. I talked to the new builder of Orcas at the Van boat show and he said, If you want a new XLC Orca you have to custom order it at a cost of $225+

I sold in 2010 when 75% of our charters cancelled due to the restrictions. The Van boat broker I sold to for 91K (asking price) had it sold before I moved the boat to Van. When I sold it I had 900 hrs on my Yamaha 300 and probably 3500 hrs on the 9.9. Both were the second set of engines for the boat.

Great boat for fishing and getting away to the gulf island for 5 or 6 days.

That is a XLC model with the extended cabin and private washroom and is large inside. There is a 8 inch step down into the cabin. I'm 6' 2"+ and never hit the ceiling in side the boat. There is lots of height in side.

I owned and chartered with the same boat 2007 to 2019 and did around 2000 trips . Never had a problem with the boat. I talked to the new builder of Orcas at the Van boat show and he said, If you want a new XLC Orca you have to custom order it at a cost of $225+

I sold in 2010 when 75% of our charters cancelled due to the restrictions. The Van boat broker I sold to for 91K (asking price) had it sold before I moved the boat to Van. When I sold it I had 900 hrs on my Yamaha 300 and probably 3500 hrs on the 9.9. Both were the second set of engines for the boat.

Great boat for fishing and getting away to the gulf island for 5 or 6 days.

IT SHOULD HAVE READ " SOLD IN 2019

Back