Anyone run a Enertia-Eco prop?

Well I might be able to run an enertia eco if all of my coils were firing! Doh!

17p Rev 4 ran at 6100rpm and had good fuel burn numbers at cruise. Really felt good on this boat. It's the one

Attachments

• 20180427_113938-01.jpeg
    20180427_113938-01.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 23
Unfortunately for both of us, the ECO does not come below 17 pitch. The 15 pitch is just a regular Enertia prop, not the Enertia ECO. I run the regular Enertia 15's on my Grady 282 but wish I could spin the ECO in the 17.

Let us know how you do with those two props.

Resurrecting this thread based on a conversation I had with the Mercury prop folks at the Seattle Boat show last month. I complained about the lack of a 15 pitch and he said they were about to announce availability ‘soon’. He wouldn’t give a date but said in the next month or two.

has anyone heard similar rumours? This came straight from the horses mouth. I want to try out a 15’ ECO as soon as they are available. Got a new boat coming in a couple months.

Resurrecting this thread based on a conversation I had with the Mercury prop folks at the Seattle Boat show last month. I complained about the lack of a 15 pitch and he said they were about to announce availability ‘soon’. He wouldn’t give a date but said in the next month or two.

has anyone heard similar rumours? This came straight from the horses mouth. I want to try out a 15’ ECO as soon as they are available. Got a new boat coming in a couple months.

It is my understanding they never bothered with an ECO15 because the existing ENERTIA in 15P already such a large diameter and large blade area that there was not the gains to be had that they had found in the 17P and higher ECO.

Basically the existing ENERTIA 15P was very very close to what ECO specs would be in the 15P size.

I'll add to this. Tried a 16.5 enertia XP and couldn't get my rpm out of it. 15P mirage plus at 15.75 diameter was great. Almost settled with it until I decided to try powertech. I ended up with a powertech LFS3 in 14 pitch. It's a Suzuki clone with a bit better cupping and 16" diameter like the eco. Bites like a SOB and got my slip numbers in check. Highly recommend it.

Also I'd say that if you want a 15p propeller try a mirage plus. In 15p it's hard to beat.

Last edited:
Interesting info about the Enertia 15, thx. If I do nothing, my new boat will have 15 x 15.75" Yamaha SWS-II props. They perform well and hit 5800 WOT so I have a good baseline to start from. The gains folks are seeing with the Eco's has intrigued me so I have thought about trying them.

FWIW, I seem to recall that most people switching from SWS-II’s (or equivalent) to Eco Enertias have found they had to go down an inch or even two in pitch (i.e. 21p SWS-II ==> 19p Eco) to be propped correctly due to the larger diameter and blade size on the Eco’s.

Something to keep in mind if Merc does come out with a 15p Eco as it might be leave you over propped. I’d want to find a friendly dealer that would let me try them out (perhaps for a small fee) before buying outright.

Last edited:
Back