SOLD SOLD SOLD! Double Eagle 176 w/ LOW HOUR Yamahas

Good luck Steve! You can never go wrong with a quality Double Eagle hull. Condition is everything. Are you sure about this?
I don’t want to at all but with some health stuff and injuries I haven’t been working enough lately and need to prioritize a roof and food for my family. Things will definitely turn around and I’ll be back on the water in a couple of years. Thanks for the nice feedback guys!

I don’t want to at all but with some health stuff and injuries I haven’t been working enough lately and need to prioritize a roof and food for my family. Things will definitely turn around and I’ll be back on the water in a couple of years. Thanks for the nice feedback guys!
Good man!

Good luck with the sale. Love the dark blue topsides on her! I can attest to the capability of the DE 176 hull for it's size. Cuts through the chop, and stable while netting fish, which is a challenge to balance when designing a deep V. I've filled it with camping gear and passengers, feels solid, and keeps the passengers dry. With the sleeper seats down, I've transported eight over to Sidney Spit and back, with picnic gear. Could actually fit 10 in a pinch, but I think that would be against the regs for the hull. The rear facing sleeper seats also work well to be able to sit and play a fish if it's rolling around, which happens off Sooke fairly often. It is, however, heavy to tow for a 17' at about 1500Kg.

Thanks man,
I will say about the towing.. the way mine is balanced on the trailer I can pick up the tongue and walk it around my driveway so it’s basically just rolling weight. And no tongue weight. A smart car wouldn’t sag an inch in the rear with this rig.

Oh man this is going to turn into a tongue weight debate. Me thinks you have too little ;). 10%-15% is what I remember in my trailering days.

Not to derail but you ever get that trailer swaying you will wish you had some tongue weight....supposed to 9-15% of the weight of what your towing.

No prob. The boat can easily be moved forward on the trailer. I have always gone less than 2km at 40kmph to my launch so I left it as it was.

Any truth to the rumour that you are selling so you can go on that trip to Alaska with the banjo playing boat owner? ;-)
There is now! I hadn’t even considered it

Edit:that guy and me are close to sorting it out, just deciding who gets to be the big spoon.

Back