Oh boy!

Looks like you are a smart man and sold at the right time. With leaders like Truedope we are absolutely ******. Even Horgan has more balls then our fail total ***** of a prime minister. I actually have some respect for Horgan, he’s not scared to call a total farse what it is. truedope on the other hand has no ******* clue! Disgusting!

I think what they are saying is let's not play with our food....you sporties need some opportunity to harvest! ;)

I keep saying it and I’ll say it again,, there’s going to be a civil war in this country, we ain’t far off.

Maybe this time it will be finished, leave nothing for interpretation.

I know this is far off of the topic but just shows people out here are getting tired of the same old BS. Our part of the world is starting the process of change maybe BC should join in on the cause and let’s fight this thing together. Its taxation without representation, it’s the reason Canada was formed and left Great Britain, its blatantly obvious its time for another split.

https://nationalpost.com/news/alber...ion-demanding-ottawa-recognize-albertas-worth

Going to put this out there right now before this gets out of hand. Any generalizations or stereotyping regarding First Nations, or any other race for that matter, will not be tolerated. If you want to disagree in a respectful manner, no problem. Anything that crosses the line will be edited or deleted immediately.

Going to put this out there right now before this gets out of hand. Any generalizations or stereotyping regarding First Nations, or any other race for that matter, will not be tolerated. If you want to disagree in a respectful manner, no problem. Anything that crosses the line will be edited or deleted immediately.
Not trying to stir the pot but isn’t the original article quoting First Nations people’s viewpoint?

Hopefully one day in the near future, we will arrive at a point where all stakeholders sit together at one table working together to manage the fishery. True reconciliation won't take root until everyone starts respecting one another's needs, works cooperatively to make win/win management decisions that are fair to every stakeholder, and focus on achieving sustainable fisheries. Building trust and relationships is the first place to start. I have seen multi-stakeholder round tables in actions and they indeed work. Not perfect, but they work. That is the future, not continuing sectoral in-fighting.

Well stated, Searun.
It is evident, and is understandable, that different stakeholder groups on this issue are focussed on their own personal objectives.
For example, here are just two distinct groups: most families who enjoy heading out for a day on the water with their own boat likely have little interest in catch and release and are more interested in catching something to enjoy at dinner time. Many of these folks would likely be appalled by the large number of fish that die in the catch and release format and the effect that mortality would have on stocks. On the other hand, charter boats are business operations whose bottom line is driven by the number of clients they have and if the catch and release option serves their business need, it is understandable why they support that option, given the regulations of the day. Of course, other stakeholders have their different objectives too
Indeed, Searun, there is common ground between all of the stakeholders, and meaningful and sustainable solutions on this issue are attainable.
However, this will only happen "round the table".
I, too, believe that the future of "our" fishery depends on sectors working together.

That will never happen when one group wants it all for themselves.
Those attitudes would slowly fade away by sitting at the same table talking about one another's fisheries and core needs. A lot of what people in our community think is wrong about what other stakeholders say about us generally has origin in their lack of real understanding of the facts around the public fishery and vice versa us about their fishery. For example, some comments about poor or no catch monitoring of FSC fisheries say a lot about what our sector doesn't know about how FSC fisheries are monitored....sitting in meetings with FN's communities we learned that they use the exact same methodology as we use to monitor our catch and effort. Are there bad actors....yes, but I challenge anyone in our sector to show that there are not also bad actors amoung us.

Hopefully one day in the near future, we will arrive at a point where all stakeholders sit together at one table working together to manage the fishery. True reconciliation won't take root until everyone starts respecting one another's needs, works cooperatively to make win/win management decisions that are fair to every stakeholder, and focus on achieving sustainable fisheries. Building trust and relationships is the first place to start. I have seen multi-stakeholder round tables in actions and they indeed work. Not perfect, but they work. That is the future, not continuing sectoral in-fighting.

You expect to work together with other groups while having a 365 day a year ocean chinook fisher? C'mon man you know that's not possible. No other sector has anything even close to that. You must realize in order to create dialog with other groups that C&R and MSF will have to go. No other sector has anything even remotely close to it.

Back