WANTED - used fishing boat 30k budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you think its smart to spend 30 k on a boat for a few weeks fishing HELL have I got a deal for you.....
We get it man, it sucks.
But telling a guy to not spend his hard earned money on something his family can enjoy is his decision and telling him he’s dumb for it is a dick move. Some if us go on our boats for joyrides, island hopping, pulling kids in a tube, dropping crab traps or any other reason we want.

I’m trying my best to support our guides with my letters to the government, booking trips with them even tho it may be catch and release only etc, just please be kind to us guys who boat for the love of it.

Last edited:
Holy derail Batman! The OP asked for help finding a boat...not another debate on how fishing regulations might affect the market! So, back to the original question!

Looking for a while now and most good deals get snapped up fast of course . Hoping you guys could help me . Trying to keep budget around 30k want something safe and reliable as have 2 young kids that want to get out fishing . Campion , double eagle , trophy or anything of that nature with an outboard . Thanks in advance .

Holy derail Batman! The OP asked for help finding a boat...not another debate on how fishing regulations might affect the market! So, back to the original question!

Looking for a while now and most good deals get snapped up fast of course . Hoping you guys could help me . Trying to keep budget around 30k want something safe and reliable as have 2 young kids that want to get out fishing . Campion , double eagle , trophy or anything of that nature with an outboard . Thanks in advance .
Thx Admin

looks like all your therapy is paying off fellas ..... for me I'm still a hard core , killing fish is what I do and I like it . wont see you on the beaches, but just at the fish cleaning stations. tight lines ! lol

Maybe get a little more specific. Cuddy/Aluminum/deep-v/tow weight. I found the boat I was looking for in my picture by asking for a specific model and ones like it and listing on Craigslist. WANTED 18 Foot Hewescraft Aluminum or Kingfisher or similar. They are out there but 30k kind of limits you to something that needs work or someone needs to sell pre-2005. I bought a 2006 in your range and put 10k+ in new canvas, maintenance and bells and whistles. Yes there are exceptions but if you want a solid 18foot plus boat they start at around 30k, unless you are willing to deal with older hulls/wiring/2strokes etc. This post might get people finding the exceptions! Make an offer on this one but check to see if the trailer has proper stickers of the tires and gvwr https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/bod/d/olympia-campion-explorer/7079970576.html

UMMM the guy said FISHING boat no I wasn't try to be a "dick" really no need to make it personal just said wait a bit that is all . you can get alot of fishing trips for 30k is all im saying , hell ill even give him a great deal for fishing if he wants as i have for MANY a forum member in the past.....

UMMM the guy said FISHING boat no I wasn't try to be a "dick" really no need to make it personal just said wait a bit that is all . you can get alot of fishing trips for 30k is all im saying , hell ill even give him a great deal for fishing if he wants as i have for MANY a forum member in the past.....
There ya go! That’s exactly how you should’ve worded it

20k leaves you with some room for gear and gas. Seems like a nice rig and decent power

https://comoxvalley.craigslist.org/boa/d/courtenay-central-24-wellcraft/7081029793.html

00S0S_cco76EgHHLE_1200x900.jpg

yeah but we have never had complete area closures before i can only speak for sooke area but last year only boat numbers I saw were the first 3 weeks of August was out one time in mid july dead flat calm incoming flood tide at 10 am me and 1 other boat was there. if you think its smart to spend 30 k on a boat for a few weeks fishing HELL have I got a deal for you.....

Welcome to fishing in the Puget Sound!! :(:(:(

Going to try this again! Jon just wants to get your input to find a boat to buy. So, back to the original question!

FB_IMG_1507054169066.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back