2nd chartplotter location opinions on my boat

Did you have that insert custom built or was it an order from Wellcraft.
Looks nice and neat at any rate, I like it.

That dash looks awesome, but if I did something like that I think I’d only have room for the one plotter. Flush mounting means that I would have to leave the units in the boat and I don’t trust my neighborhood that much. I remove them and my kicker and riggers after each trip, only takes 5 mins and so far nothing has walked away! My helm is brutal for today’s bigger screen and multiple MFD design. That pic sure got me thinking though, thanks again for the input. I’ve poured over the web looking for how people have designed their helms and so far this thread has given me far more ideas than countless hours on Google. Maybe time for a “Show us your electronics” thread, there are really some well thought out plans here. My question is the same as above, what material is that?

I made the helm out of Baltic birch plywood then it’s wrapped in a automotive vinyl wrap material. Wrap was purchased on amazon.

I would go the stacked on top route, perhaps the top one is high enough to see from the deck while fishing ? Or both overhead side by side.

Another option would be purchasing a second mount/ rigging and having it on the transom or wherever works for fishing.
On a clear day set it up back there. If you have a long run or it’s foggy set it up on the dash for radar purposes.

if you have a hard top.. mount it up ... top
on the dash is great for the person driving even then they don't look where there going as there watching the screen if your fishing in the pack?
up top you can be out back and see whats going on ... its the only way i'll do it from now on .

listen to wolf
he knows , been doing it years .....

Back