2nd chartplotter location opinions on my boat

TF.jpg TF1.jpg

TF2.jpg

Hey guys I’m going to try to upload some crappy cell pics of a possible second location for a touch screen lowrance, just looking for opinions as I’m undecided at this time.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I would choose the last picture position..... that way your not looking all over the place just directly in front of you when you are underway.

Last edited:
I have mine mounted on my roof VERY easy to see especially if someone is standing in your way etc its even higher then your first picture as from back of boat can see it no problem what so ever .
no sense on having them on top of each other really???

If you need one in your stern put it there.... my point is if your underway you shouldnt be looking up and down , I’m assuming your going to split the screens chart/sounder/radar or however in ******/visibility or foggy conditions.

Yes I have radar and will run that split with chart on one plotter and chart zoom on the other, Ethernet connected, good point for viewing from the back of the boat as this is the chief complaint from the crews lol. I have the dash one mounted now( HDS8) and find I have to look down while underway, and the bottom pic would be more where I would like to have it.
So much fun running wires through the tubes . Such a wonderful problem to have tho
Thanks all for the input so far!!!!

Looks like my dashboard setup exactly,must be a wellcraft or Aquasport.I'd go with last picture,I wouldn't want to be looking up and down while travelling in fog. I think there's enough room to keep the front one as low as possible so that the back one doesn't obscure your vision forward.You'll probably have to modify the mounting bracket.

Last edited:
40552111_2353916557966986_2554912745438838784_n.jpg

Ignore the people but if you look on the top right you can see the corner of the sounder / gps plotter. and to add looking up is way easier when im running as i only have to glance down about 10 inchs to see water in front of me and i can do that with just moving my eyes when its on dash you have to put your head down....( ok I know you just did it figuring it out OUT) LOL LOL

I would go with the set up in the last photo keep them beside each other nice and clean and easy to focus on one spot. Assuming you want radar on one screen and plotter on the other when running. That being said if the first screen wasn’t mounted already I would probably do a totally different setup, I’d probably like one at the helm and one out back on the deck. I like the idea of one high up like wolf stated but I would not block your windshield so much like you have in one of the photos.

You are correct Rayvon, it is a Wellcraft 22 Walkaround, I see yours in your profile pic is an outboard- mine is the dreaded I/O...
Fuel injected TBI 5.7 duoprop with a top speed of around 51 mph! Just put it together last year coming from a 5.0 GI
I’ve done a lot to it, I should post some more pics in the modification thread, it’s really cool.
So looking down can be tough sometimes...
Thanks for the pic, I think I’ve decided I will mount on the hardtop, thanks for all the advise to everyone as well, I really appreciate it!
(These things keep me up at nite lol)
I’ll post some pics after I hook it all up.

These things keep all of us up at night. That's why we're reading this :confused:.

40552111_2353916557966986_2554912745438838784_n.jpg

Ignore the people but if you look on the top right you can see the corner of the sounder / gps plotter. and to add looking up is way easier when im running as i only have to glance down about 10 inchs to see water in front of me and i can do that with just moving my eyes when its on dash you have to put your head down....( ok I know you just did it figuring it out OUT) LOL LOL

I mounted mine up high as well. Reason being is the glare from windshield when doing early morning runs in low light or fog etc. I hate them on the dash.

You don’t have much of a dash so you are limited. Definitely keep it off the top of the dash and even off the top of your other one, why would you want to block your vision. In your case I also would mount it up on the roof.

When I bought my boat this was the helm station, I hated it. The big unit was up on the dash and blocking your view, the radio, you can’t see but it was in the glove box under all that junk along with the smaller sonar. With a little thought and design I cleaned it up. The radio was moved down beside the controls, some 1/4” puck board and a helm that is clean and tidy looking and opens up the sight line.

49568356017_124f4ec468_z.jpg

49568358357_7414567d50_z.jpg

49568130151_f046578020_z.jpg

Last edited:
Good work,it looks like it should have been done that way from day one.I'm with you,I don't like anything in my sight lines.

Back