Sea Sickness

Have issues with sea sickness over the years and have tried many of the typical chemicals and patches with little to no success. Last season I thought I would try an electronic pulse band on the wrist and it worked incredibly well, even if I forget to put it on in rough seas and begin to feel nauseous turn it on and within ten to fifteen minutes the nauseous gross feeling dissipates. I would highly recommend a pulse band just for the fact of not having to take chemicals that whack you out and make you feel like garbage.. That’s a great fishing trip!!

So do you think Cruises will stop serving Corona Beer altogether now?

Have issues with sea sickness over the years and have tried many of the typical chemicals and patches with little to no success. Last season I thought I would try an electronic pulse band on the wrist and it worked incredibly well, even if I forget to put it on in rough seas and begin to feel nauseous turn it on and within ten to fifteen minutes the nauseous gross feeling dissipates. I would highly recommend a pulse band just for the fact of not having to take chemicals that whack you out and make you feel like garbage.. That’s a great fishing trip!!

Interested in what wrist band you have. I doubt those cheep pressure point ones work when it's not "all in your head".

I have also seen many pukes from those wearing different sorts of "wrist" bands and pressure point medicine things. I do not think one can say they work if you are only out for a short time, boat only moves for a few hours, or movement changes. To really test what works one must stay at sea for 30 days, in the rough seas so ship really rocks and rolls and from all directions so you get to feel that bow float, bang off the bulkhead and all that a ship at sea goes thru. Then one clearly gets to know what works. When the CO steams thru real bad seas and 60% of the crew are barfing a good CO changes course and makes half better. I have never seen any wrist band work in these conditions. Only the patch.

Rain City, todays "softer" Navy stopped serving Corona beer at sea a few years ago. :(

HM

Also after a week of barfing seas ones body adapts and the number of crew barfing greatly subsides. After a month at sea=bring it on, very few sick sailors.

HM

I get sick once every couple of years, I could be in pretty rough water and all is well.
but sometimes up she comes. Last time was three years ago, my friend Mort wanted to go
fishing by bell problem was wind was blowing 25 - 30 knots when we got out there.
Got sea sick big time and I was driving. keeping eyes on the horizon didn't help.

Nothing beats the body's natural ability to shake it, but as Halimark says, takes about a week.
This is what guarantees success for me. Take one in the morning and one before bed the day before fishing, then one as soon as you wake up the day of fishing. Stay hydrated to avoid muscle cramps. The drowsiness of afternoon cocktails seems worse, especially when sleep is shortened by early wake ups, so go easy on the booze and sleep well.
Patches also work, but the cotton mouth, vision issues and drowsiness are real.

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/rugby-travel-sickness-meclizine-hcl-100-chwbls

Back