Local lake water temperatures

39 degrees on Alouette today.

Beauty day on the water, fish weren't cooperative.

One trout, a few nibbles in 5 hours.

Oh, and this little 8" thing that we threw back;

dS6Dc2H.jpg

Burbot?

Managed to sneak out on Langford for a few hours on Family Day afternoon. Had the trifecta of weather...started with sunshine, had a little rain and finally some sleet for good measure! Luckily the latter two didn't last too long and the fish didn't seem to mind!

F 18 2.jpg

F 18.jpg

F 18 1.jpg

Does anybody fish Elk lake anymore? I don't see it being mentioned here and I’ve been out of the local urban lake scene for a while. I may give Elk a go tomorrow.

Fished Elk lake today for a few hours. Water temp 41.6. I launched about 10:45 and there were a lot of rising fish. The rises ended soon after and so did the major bite period.
4 to hand, the biggest was 17 inches and very fat. Got two others about 15 inches (also very chunky) and one about 12. Lost a handful of others too.

Was using flies, none were working lights out that I tried. They all got a bit of interest. The most productive line was a type 3 sink.

I hadn’t trout fished in a very long time, I quite enjoyed it. It scratched the itch so that’s the main thing. Better than working today which was the alternative. :D

Fished Elk lake today for a few hours. Water temp 41.6. I launched about 10:45 and there were a lot of rising fish. The rises ended soon after and so did the major bite period.
4 to hand, the biggest was 17 inches and very fat. Got two others about 15 inches (also very chunky) and one about 12. Lost a handful of others too.

Was using flies, none were working lights out that I tried. They all got a bit of interest. The most productive line was a type 3 sink.

I hadn’t trout fished in a very long time, I quite enjoyed it. It scratched the itch so that’s the main thing. Better than working today which was the alternative. :D
Sounds like a great day at Elk

Fished Matheson today from shore, started hot with a few 12”-14” fish until around 8:30/8:45 then a big midge hatch started up. Saw dozens of risers but not a nibble after that. Made me wish I had kayak and fly rod w/ me.

Out grocery shopping on Thetis lake (56F) this morning with Merlin, Eagles and an Osprey. Brought home some protien and a wet dog.

Yes, we are lucky to have her experience and balance.

Fished 3 different mid island lakes last week, temp anywhere from 56-62.5. Of course that is with the transducer only 4 inches or so below the surface. Variable results. Best results were with chronies.

Back