2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put the prawn traps out today and went for a ride in the boat and ended up dropping the lines at Grace for a couple hours. Managed to hook two fish and get sealed twice ... really looking forward to the return of the transient/Biggs killer whales for a little Mother Nature seal cull action. Lot of prawns though so all good.

Launched at burrard Saturday morning and ran into some technical issues on the boat with my steering, drifted around for a half hour pulling things apart. Ended up spending the day trolling the freighters and managed to hookup and release four unders. Kept hitting them at 135’ on the wire in 160’ish of water, nothing on the rod bouncing the bottom... A few crab to take home made me feel a bit better about now having to fix my steering.

Launched at burrard Saturday morning and ran into some technical issues on the boat with my steering, drifted around for a half hour pulling things apart. Ended up spending the day trolling the freighters and managed to hookup and release four unders. Kept hitting them at 135’ on the wire in 160’ish of water, nothing on the rod bouncing the bottom... A few crab to take home made me feel a bit better about now having to fix my steering.
Nice Arima! ;)

Pardon me...but I'm new to this forum. Where is the Grace?

Put the prawn traps out today and went for a ride in the boat and ended up dropping the lines at Grace for a couple hours. Managed to hook two fish and get sealed twice ... really looking forward to the return of the transient/Biggs killer whales for a little Mother Nature seal cull action. Lot of prawns though so all good.

Not a nibble at Grace today. Not that many boats there so someone must have known something somewhere else. Showed up a little late around noon.

Finished up the day with one shaker released, one lost to a seal and one coughed up by a seal. Crabbing was ok. Northshore and freighters.

since @hippaisland is just too damn modest :rolleyes: i'll report that his boat managed to get another big fish (15+) up Howe Sound on sunday. We released a few 'just unders' as well. Another great day up the Sound with weather and fishing cooperating nicely. Managed to avoid that pesky seal at grace but did see one other boat who wasn't so lucky :(

Attachments

• howe sound Feb 16.jpg
    howe sound Feb 16.jpg
    795.3 KB · Views: 223
since @hippaisland is just too damn modest :rolleyes: i'll report that his boat managed to get another big fish (15+) up Howe Sound on sunday. We released a few 'just unders' as well. Another great day up the Sound with weather and fishing cooperating nicely. Managed to avoid that pesky seal at grace but did see one other boat who wasn't so lucky :(
I was waiting for this!

Finished up the day with one shaker released, one lost to a seal and one coughed up by a seal. Crabbing was ok. Northshore and freighters.
Anyone out today?
Hi all newbie here. I was out yesterday,Wednesday and was around the Northshore and towards freighters a few shakers and one decent hit. A seal took fish and lure before I ever saw it. Where ever we saw the seals, fish were a showing on the finder, go figure? Got a couple of crabs, one keeper.

Started at Cowan Pt this morning and trolled the whole South end, around Curtis and into Tunstall. Lots of bait off Cowan and in patches along south end, not much in Tunstall. Picked up before noon and puttered over to Salmon Rock. Trolled to Gower Pt. Right at afternoon slack, hit a double on the flats off Gower. Kept a legal and released an under, on bottom in about 145’. Green glow spackleback hootchie and no bananas spoon. Had a couple more hits and that was it. Pulled the gear at 3.

Grace 11am-3pm. No love. Good prawn haul from passage island, although it was a slalom course of buoys out there.

Grace 11am-3pm. No love. Good prawn haul from passage island, although it was a slalom course of buoys out there.
Amazing how many of those buggers can be down there. I swear I stopped fishing it a couple months ago because I figured it would get over harvested by the amount of traps I was seeing. Sounds like guys are still doing well there I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back