2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One under to show for the efforts at waterfall. Good haul of prawns and crabs. There were a few bots at grace anyone else there?

Last year around this time was nuts for fish

I think it was a bit later when that early run of Puget Sound bound fish showed up and the Bell was a great spot to be. If memory serves me correct that was more into March.

We were out Sunday....3-4 unders, (one which was barely) and a keeper lost to a seal that almost took the rod and reel on me.

I think it was a bit later when that early run of Puget Sound bound fish showed up and the Bell was a great spot to be. If memory serves me correct that was more into March.

We were out Sunday....3-4 unders, (one which was barely) and a keeper lost to a seal that almost took the rod and reel on me.
Nice I was thinking hitting around the freighters and the bell Friday

Last year around this time was nuts for fish

What Pippen said. It certainly wasn’t hot last year in early Feb. There’s fish out there though, just have to find them. Right place right time right presentation and a bit of luck. And don’t be afraid to throw down a couple small chovies! :cool:

Can anyone offer a few pointers on jigging for Lings around Thrasher or Entrance? Have never participated in that fishery but with the chinook regs being the way they are the last season and likely the same or tighter this season ...... will be looking to try jigging for Ling in addition to trolling for chinook on our outings this coming season. I've bought jigs and have a rough idea of looking for pinnacles and such but specific to the reefs at Thrasher and Entrance ...... do you just get close to the reefs and drop and drift on top of them and jig away or do you try to drop and jig at bottom beside them? Or is it just a matter of being anywhere in the vicinity of the reef? I appreciate any tips offered and when the time comes will report any successes in catching a few.
But you haven't bought these jigs so your not gonna catch anything flutter 2020.jpg
Haha, Just kidding , Just get out and get on top of them and sooner or later you'll hook up (but call me if you need some of these)

What Pippen said. It certainly wasn’t hot last year in early Feb. There’s fish out there though, just have to find them. Right place right time right presentation and a bit of luck. And don’t be afraid to throw down a couple small chovies! :cool:
chovies don't work in the winter do they? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back