Halibut TAC

I see I type slow. Derby got it answered while I was typing.

SFAB is still working on the behalf of the Public sport fishery on being able to have carry over...
Awesome seem like it’s only fair especially if they already do it for Commercial Fishers.

Awesome seem like it’s only fair especially if they already do it for Commercial Fishers.
At the SFI policy gala in november dfo seemed very reluctant to give us any underage carry over and I honestly can’t see it happening any time soon. Their quarrel was they can’t be sure the numbers for rec sector are accurate.

At the SFI policy gala in november dfo seemed very reluctant to give us any underage carry over and I honestly can’t see it happening any time soon. Their quarrel was they can’t be sure the numbers for rec sector are accurate.
Gee you’d think some of the office staff could work on a solution for their departments shortcomings lol

Am I ahead of myself on this one Serengeti, Derby??? I had it in my head that it was basically done???

I would say that the dept. seems resisted to allowing the carry over. The SFAB is working hard to change this that being said it is very import that one & all accurately fill out the IREC surveys , return all clip fish heads, comply with the creel surveys and that Guides do there log books..

Sooo what needs to happen for us to get a couple more CMs and March 1 opening? Honest question. It seems like we should at least ask?

We really should be asking for more, ultimately if you don’t ask for more or seem engaged you get less.

SG is right with our limited tonnage we should be using it. We have what 18%. We left multiple years tonnage in the water, great for reproduction but the allocation would not be there if those that manage it felt it wasn’t maintainable. Increase, use it and shut down early is better in my opinion. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
I imagine we will know by tomorrow. And put this thread out of its misery.

I'm just glad it probably won't go down. A sad endightment of where we at as far as expectations. Taking one less gut punch as a positive.

Back