Public boat launch

Chris98

Hi new to fishing in the salt. I’m fishing in a small boat
I am coming from Abbotsford what would be the best boat ramp to fish Bowen island

Don’t think thunderbird has a launch. Horse bay does but it’s pretty poor, very limited parking very tide depending and even then not great. Sunset has a much better set up. Your options would be sunset, vanier in the city or McDonald in the north arm

Don’t think thunderbird has a launch. Horse bay does but it’s pretty poor, very limited parking very tide depending and even then not great. Sunset has a much better set up. Your options would be sunset, vanier in the city or McDonald in the north arm
Hmn. Who knew. :p

steveston would be the best. its just on the edge straight shot to bowen. you can also do pitt lake to bowen if you are lazy and dont want to fresh water flush your motor. i do that quite a bit.

Why is everyone being a dick to the guy lol.

horseshoe bay is fine if you get there early. Gotta be there before 8 or you won’t get one of the spots.

sunset is good except the one time that some hippies turned off my motor that I was trying to warm up. Too much exhaust for them while they waited for their water taxi. I’ll push that guy in the water if he touches my **** again

steveston would be the best. its just on the edge straight shot to bowen. you can also do pitt lake to bowen if you are lazy and dont want to fresh water flush your motor. i do that quite a bit.
How long of a run is it from Pitt up to Bowen. I do like the idea of running in fresh after and avoiding most of the traffic

Why is everyone being a dick to the guy lol.

horseshoe bay is fine if you get there early. Gotta be there before 8 or you won’t get one of the spots.

sunset is good except the one time that some hippies turned off my motor that I was trying to warm up. Too much exhaust for them while they waited for their water taxi. I’ll push that guy in the water if he touches my **** again
I thought I was being quite helpful

How long of a run is it from Pitt up to Bowen. I do like the idea of running in fresh after and avoiding most of the traffic

i do it in about an hour and a bit at 40 knots cruise. usually there is only a few tugs and mostly zero traffic. you can shave some time by launching from pitt meadows marina which avoids the whole pitt lake bend as well or Maquabeak Park which dumps you into the fraser directly (but has sketchy parking).

i do it in about an hour and a bit at 40 knots cruise. usually there is only a few tugs and mostly zero traffic. you can shave some time by launching from pitt meadows marina which avoids the whole pitt lake bend as well or Maquabeak Park which dumps you into the fraser directly (but has sketchy parking).
I thought you were joking lol. It seemed like you were pointing him to the furthest away from Bowen boat launches haha. I do like the fresh water run up the river but gotta watch for logs. Sometimes I’ll pop the butt end of my boat into the river at maqaubeek and run the engines instead of using muffs

Maquabeek is a free launch too and I live 5 minutes away. I guess if my boat was more fuel efficient I would launch from there. The old thirsty two stroke doesn’t like longer runs haha

Is there still trailer parking at Maquabeek park with the construction going on or is that done. now?

I think the important question here is that which Reeltime has asked. How small is the boat and engine size. Even a 14' from Sewells with a decent Squamish outflow can be nasty.

Back