2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Techniums don’t break.
I broke a technium. Plus they just don't feel as good as the Titans. Less backbone down low, obviously they now have issues but I'm telling you fish one next to any other rod and you'll see the difference. I hate my Trophy XLs fished next to the Titans.
This is why I use glass rods as much as possible in the boat. Always getting hit and dropped. the boat rods in my opinion take the most abuse. I have a Titan, but for steelheading. Fell on the rocks one cold day in the morning, last fish of the day broke the last foot and a half while trying to land it. you have to baby those rods.
This thing broke INSIDE the handle o_O. Clearly a defect and not neglect.

I broke a technium. Plus they just don't feel as good as the Titans. Less backbone down low, obviously they now have issues but I'm telling you fish one next to any other rod and you'll see the difference. I hate my Trophy XLs fished next to the Titans.

Techniums are workhorses .. they take the abuse a lot better... Good for the guests on board!

With that said - The Titans just feel so good with a fish on - and yes they break, but the warranty process on them has been fantastic in my experience. They are standing by their warranties.

no arguments... I’ve used the titan and thought it was awesome. Also, they look SO DAMN SEXY with the silver/blue reels!
It Sounds like they have changed to a less durable version and I personally think the technium are great for reliability, can handle any fish and can take a beating which is why they are the most commonly used rods for guides (from what I’ve seen and hear)

Back to reports, which I’m sure not many are trying today!

Been running titans for 5 years..... have 8 of them and they have been **** kicked.... never snapped one yet..... beginners , newbies and so on have used them on my boat yanking em out of the rigger totally abused ..... easily fish 40+ days a season and if your snapping them multiple times, like 6 of them then I call operator error.... I know lots of well seasoned fisherman and guides who use them all the time with similar results.... they take a beating and keep on going.

Been running titans for 5 years..... have 8 of them and they have been **** kicked.... never snapped one yet..... beginners , newbies and so on have used them on my boat yanking em out of the rigger totally abused ..... easily fish 40+ days a season and if your snapping them multiple times, like 6 of them then I call operator error.... I know lots of well seasoned fisherman and guides who use them all the time with similar results.... they take a beating and keep on going.
I'm honestly thinking it's the newer ones. Do yours have the metal reel seats? The new ones are plastic.

Can anyone offer a few pointers on jigging for Lings around Thrasher or Entrance? Have never participated in that fishery but with the chinook regs being the way they are the last season and likely the same or tighter this season ...... will be looking to try jigging for Ling in addition to trolling for chinook on our outings this coming season. I've bought jigs and have a rough idea of looking for pinnacles and such but specific to the reefs at Thrasher and Entrance ...... do you just get close to the reefs and drop and drift on top of them and jig away or do you try to drop and jig at bottom beside them? Or is it just a matter of being anywhere in the vicinity of the reef? I appreciate any tips offered and when the time comes will report any successes in catching a few.

Can anyone offer a few pointers on jigging for Lings around Thrasher or Entrance? Have never participated in that fishery but with the chinook regs being the way they are the last season and likely the same or tighter this season ...... will be looking to try jigging for Ling in addition to trolling for chinook on our outings this coming season. I've bought jigs and have a rough idea of looking for pinnacles and such but specific to the reefs at Thrasher and Entrance ...... do you just get close to the reefs and drop and drift on top of them and jig away or do you try to drop and jig at bottom beside them? Or is it just a matter of being anywhere in the vicinity of the reef? I appreciate any tips offered and when the time comes will report any successes in catching a few.
You're going to upset @nicnat
Go start this as a new thread in the Saltwater Fishing Forum section. This is a fishing reports thread. Then wait for all the bitching about the new regs putting even more pressure on bottom fish. Especially somewhere already decimated every year like Thrasher. Screenshot_20200208-072133_Chrome.jpg 20200208_072222.jpg

You want to drift from the top the down hill. Uphill you’ll lose your jig. Lots of posts or threads on this topic

Raincity ........ yeah I get it. Wasn't trying to insight some bitching over any topic ........ just thought I could pose the question where relevant eyes would actually view it and potentially offer some quick tips. The dialogue would have been very short. I was able to gain some insight from another member through a private message in response to my post so as far as I'm concerned ........ my objective for some quick tips was met. I thank the other member for the tips and I thank this particular forum of relevance to where I fish ..... for continued insight and help in making my fishing experience better year over year ........ with tightening regulations shaping the way in which an enjoyable fishing experience might still be had in the Thrasher and Entrance areas. Unfortunately, I didn't have the confidence to bomb over to Sandheads last year ........ which was an epic missed opportunity on my part ......... but I only do things when I feel I've got enough information and confidence to do it. If Sandheads were to light up again ........ I feel I could make the crossing ....... that after seeing a number of maps from members here showing exactly where that is in relation to where I'm coming from ....... I'm expanding my horizons ...... lol. Cheers

You want to drift from the top the down hill. Uphill you’ll lose your jig. Lots of posts or threads on this topic
Thanks MadJigga ........ Iv'e got some good insight now. Consider this line of dialogue on this particular thread closed.

3 undersized at waterfall and Grace. Lost a couple and a decent sized. ‍

update. 4 undersized.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back