Pursuit 255 OS thoughts

barkerfam

Hi all,

In my constant search for the next boat, the Pursuit 255 OS checks many of my boxes. Currently have a Trophy 2002 WA, which I love, but am always looking to upgrade.

Any firsthand experiences with the pursuit 255 OS out there?

Thanks!

Howard

Hi all,

In my constant search for the next boat, the Pursuit 255 OS checks many of my boxes. Currently have a Trophy 2002 WA, which I love, but am always looking to upgrade.

Any firsthand experiences with the pursuit 255 OS out there?

Thanks!

Howard
I have no experience with it but what are you looking for in a boat? Fishing mostly or a mix of fishing and cruising with the family? To me, a Grady 232 would have more fishing dance floor than that boat.

I have no experience with it but what are you looking for in a boat? Fishing mostly or a mix of fishing and cruising with the family? To me, a Grady 232 would have more fishing dance floor than that boat.

I mainly use it to fish, but always have kids, so a cuddy is important. Usually spend 4 or 5 nights a year sleeping on the boat.

Looked at a 232. Wasn't overly impressed. Cuddy is less usable than my little trophy. Liked the beam though!

I've been on one a few times,best riding boat I've ever been on.I think it's a 2006- 2570 Pursuit.Very high quality boat,he has 2-175 Suzuki's on it ,great fit for the boat.I would love to own one.Can't say enough about the quality built into those boats.

Last edited:
sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what is a euro transom?

it’s the intergraded swim grid that also includes the motor well. In some boats it eats up a lot of space that is included in the overall length of a boat. Some are more useable than others. Some people like them and some not so much...lol

There was a thread on this awhile back: https://www.sportfishingbc.com/foru...-pursuit-2570-or-2670-owners-out-there.73512/

We have a 2002 pursuit 2470. The 2550 OS is actually slightly shorter then the 2470 but has a wider beam and is more of an express style.

The 2470 is an amazing platform for fishing and the built quality is very high. The hull handles west coast swells with ease and also choppy, short waves. The cuddy is a decent size and includes a head. Last summer, three of us slept overnight in the Broken Group and it was fairly comfortable. Our boat is powered by a yamaha 300 which is a perfect motor for 4 adults - anything less then 250 would be underpowered. Twin 150s is pretty common with these boats. Overall, were extremely happy with the Pursuit.

it’s the intergraded swim grid that also includes the motor well. In some boats it eats up a lot of space that is included in the overall length of a boat. Some are more useable than others. Some people like them and some not so much...lol

Got it. I see that pursuit does include that area in its listed length. haven't seen any pics with a true pod off the back of one of these.

We have the 2470, as I have said before been very happy with how the boat rides. We originally purchased it for just fishing and staying on board for a night or two alongside at marinas, but now we are doing a bit more cruising and we anchored out this past summer for a few days in the gulf islands on it and will be doing more of that this year. I am attaching two pictures I took this summer, one of the fishing deck and the transom area. When we were shopping around at this size of boat, everything we looked at was going to be a give and take one way or another but I was really insisting on comfort, as much seating as we could get, storage space options and still maintain a good size back deck to fish off of. The Pursuit came the closest in everything we looked at in the 25 foot size range and in what we were prepared to spend. We would both say that we are very happy with this boat and would recommend it.

Attachments

• Summer 2019.jpg
    Summer 2019.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 20190725_202208.jpg
    20190725_202208.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 158
flat back with a pod and they are a dream, euro transom sux.
Ya not sure where you came up with this. Theres a reason manufacturers switched from brackets to "euro" or built in style transoms, they ride better, are more stable and have more use than a bracket. Being able to walk back on the swim grid right by the motors is very practical and useful. Yes it is included in the length but it is usable space verses a pod which has one use which is to hang the motors.

As to Bakerfam's question, the 255 os replaced the 2470 in the pursuit lineup. It has a 3" wider beam, 8'9 versus 8'6 with the 2470 and is 6" longer not including the pulpits. Havent taken a tape measure to the deck of the 255 but it looks slightly smaller than the 2470. The 2470 has a sunk in walk around whereas the 255 walkaround does not, giving it a bit more space in the cuddy. Couldn't go wrong with either, both great boats.

Ya not sure where you came up with this. Theres a reason manufacturers switched from brackets to "euro" or built in style transoms, they ride better, are more stable and have more use than a bracket. Being able to walk back on the swim grid right by the motors is very practical and useful. Yes it is included in the length but it is usable space verses a pod which has one use which is to hang the motors.
First of all I like the Pursuits and several models were on my short list of boats to buy when I was in the market. Everyone will have their likes about boats and dislikes. My previous boat had a euro transom and for me was a big waste of space for my use of the boat. I agree that a boat with a bracket is only for hanging the motors on is accurate however a properly podded boat that is an extension of the hull and swim grid is not the same thing. A 25’ now becomes closer to 28’ in ride and you gain storage on the grid. Each to their own but a 25’ euro style boat is close to 3’ less space than a properly podded 25’ boat. The pursuits have the best fit and finish overall imo. But in my case I wanted a 25’ boat and would need to get a 28’ in most name brands. Brackets are a totally different argument.....lol

Back when I was looking at boats. The three top choices were Grady White, Boston Whaler, and Pursuit.
Basically they are very similar and have their pros and cons. I personally settled on a Whaler.
The major con for the pursuit which I hated was the low gunnel and no grab rail or toe rail to help.
If your tall the gunnel will end at your shin and you feel like your going to fall overboard in heavy seas.

Back