Big Coast Episodes

Ruff

Curious if anyone knows where a guy could find episodes of Big Coast. My TV provider dosent offer WFN. I've seen the few clips that are on YouTube but more interested in full episodes. thanks in advance

I live in the Okanagan and get it on Chek (Victoria) with telus. Saturday mornings at 6:30 on the pvr. Takes about 6 mins to watch the fishing; the rest is product placement of sponsored reels, boats, sunglasses, and whatevers.

Last edited:
Curious if anyone knows where a guy could find episodes of Big Coast. My TV provider dosent offer WFN. I've seen the few clips that are on YouTube but more interested in full episodes. thanks in advance
I get it on The Sportsman channel. Does WFN even exist anymore? I get The Sportsman channel and Wild TV but it's mostly hunting shows on both and very little fishing shows. I hunt so don't mind watching hunting shows but really miss being able to watch fishing shows as well.

New episodes Started coming out the last couple of weekends on CHEK. They were fishing up in Stewart.

Last edited:
New episodes are aired on Wed evenings on CKPG and repeated a couple times through the week on CHEK and Sportsman channel. They just aired episode 4 for the new season this week. But they will be repeating them through out the year as usual.

https://www.bigcoast.tv/tv-sked

One of my favourite shows bar none. No they don’t get into the fishing technique a whole lot but how many times do you have to be shown which end of a flasher goes to the rod. Their show is more about just enjoying the surroundings and being out on the water with them. Little different format this year, new boat, new theme music its off to a great start so far this season.

Also there is no WFN any longer, its been re-branded as Sportsman Channel and focuses more on hunting than fishing.

I live in the Okanagan and get it on Chek (Victoria) with telus. Saturday mornings at 6:30 on the pvr. Takes about 6 mins to watch the fishing; the rest is product placement of sponsored reels, boats, sunglasses, and whatevers.
Isn’t that like most fishing shows now? I personally only pvr them to get the snippets I’m interested in. I do really enjoy parts of this show over most others.
I can really relate to their cut plugging episodes and well as their camera angles to capture my favorite part of salmon fishing......when the inanimate rod gets the Chinook chomp!

Isn’t that like most fishing shows now? I personally only pvr them to get the snippets I’m interested in. I do really enjoy parts of this show over most others.
I can really relate to their cut plugging episodes and well as their camera angles to capture my favorite part of salmon fishing......when the inanimate rod gets the Chinook chomp!
I don't know I could care less about their methods. For me it's like watching golf, puts me in a nice place when I'm stuck at home. I've watched the Vancouver episode 4 times now and giggle my butt off every time.

It's one of my favorites as they travel up and down the coast and check out spots that are not covered on other fishing shows. Not alot of other shows will make it north of the central coast so seeing these guys up in my neck of the woods is great. I've met Tim a couple of times on the dock at Hartley Bay but because my TV provider dosent offer the sportsman channel or Chek, I havent been able to watch.

Apparently they just started offering sportsman channel so I just signed up for it

I can really relate to their cut plugging episodes and well as their camera angles to capture my favorite part of salmon fishing......when the inanimate rod gets the Chinook chomp![/QUOTE]

I agree. They really do focus on the rods being hit.
Very cool.

It's one of my favorites as they travel up and down the coast and check out spots that are not covered on other fishing shows. Not alot of other shows will make it north of the central coast so seeing these guys up in my neck of the woods is great. I've met Tim a couple of times on the dock at Hartley Bay but because my TV provider dosent offer the sportsman channel or Chek, I havent been able to watch.

Apparently they just started offering sportsman channel so I just signed up for it

If you live in that part of the world you must get CKPG like I posted they carry the show as well.

I am a fan of the show.....I find it has way less of the "let's sit on a bench and talk to you for 7 minutes on what we're using today." Blah blah.....SeaGuar, Rapala this....Rapala that.....Luhr Jensen this....Luhr Jensen that. Repeat, repeat, repeat......"we are targeting these migrating salmon today" (repeat on every hookup looking at the guide for validation that you understand what you're doing there). :p:p:confused::p:rolleyes:

Big Coast does have a YouTube channel with some stuff on it.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=big+coast+sportfishing

I am a fan of the show.....I find it has way less of the "let's sit on a bench and talk to you for 7 minutes on what we're using today." Blah blah.....SeaGuar, Rapala this....Rapala that.....Luhr Jensen this....Luhr Jensen that. Repeat, repeat, repeat......"we are targeting these migrating salmon today" (repeat on every hookup looking at the guide for validation that you understand what you're doing there)

lol I have stopped watching it because i realised i'm not going to a lodge in the middle of nowhere and using rapalas for coho. The leaning back to get the reel to sing for an extra few seconds gets old as well.

Best cinematography by far of all the shows. Great narration and other than commercials during the show there is no pimping of products.

I would like to see some instruction regarding how they approach different situations in regards to tides and structure.

My fav of the ChekTV fishing lineup for sure. Id love to see a Haida Gwaii episode fishing a little further west than Masset! :p

Lots of experience in production/cinematography due to the team's ski/snowboard video/(film?) background and it shows.
I don't mind big Mike's show and quite like the Kootenay flyfishing one.

When I sport fish without guests I’m all about how I get them. I’ve caught enough in my life limiting out isn’t as important as getting maximum “sport “ out of the fish even if I handicap myself a bit. Nothing beats hooking a large Chinook this way and watching your reel spool to the backing

I use 8wt fly rods and either cut plugs for a slow presentation or plugs/spoons for a faster one.

Back