thoughts on a powered trailer dolly

Olde School

The parking spot for my boat requires a sharper turn than my full length truck can make.
After almost 2 years of fighting this I am now wondering if any of you have used powered trailer dollies.
If you have, does it work for you, where did you get it, and how much was it?

My boat and trailer is under 5000lbs.
I don't want to build my own trailer dolly.

Thanks in advance!

The parking spot for my boat requires a sharper turn than my full length truck can make.
After almost 2 years of fighting this I am now wondering if any of you have used powered trailer dollies.
If you have, does it work for you, where did you get it, and how much was it?

My boat and trailer is under 5000lbs.
I don't want to build my own trailer dolly.

Thanks in advance!
I don’t own one but have used one. They work great.

What about a ball on the front of your truck, a lot cheaper and works better most of the time.

Last edited:
A front mounted hitch will not improve my situation. The lane is simply too narrow where my turn has to be made.
And... the lane is gravel and has a slight grade up to the final spot.

Unless you have a concrete or pavement drive way DO NOT GET the Trailer Valet.
You want something that does not use the ball connection.
I had a lengthy very narrow limestone drive way with approximately 2" clearance on each side and I ended up getting the Power Mover trailer dolly AC-10 to do the job. It was electric and it handled my boat and trailer (6000 lbs.) easily and the wheels did not spin. Another one that I considered was the Power Castor. Both of these units have s post affixed to them and connect to a sleeve or pipe that is mounted on the trailer-hence the dolly can not become disconnected, whereas with the ball connection this can become a problem.
Just a heads up, for whatever you purchase- unless you get sufficient weight over the the trailer dolly the wheels on the dolly will only spin.

i have one. they dont work well as they dont have enough oomph. i finally caved in and bought an ATV to push my boat on the exact spot. a 4 wheel drive arctic cat 650 ran me $8000 with front hookup for the trailer + 2 cameras added on. works great. i will be adding a snow shovel to it so i can use it for snow as well.
I can sell you my dolly for $400 if interested.

Agree with zurk.

A guy at work has one for his travel trailer and it struggles to get over the small bump into the driveway even though the road and driveway are damn near level. Once on level ground, its good for getting sharp turns into the correct spot.

X2 on a quad, my 500 cost my $1500 used and I can use it for hunting and general chores around the property

A quad, great multipurpose vehicle, but storage+insurance+maintenance. Maybe a neighbor has one...

Back