Prawn Limit Decreased to 125 April 1st 2020

HENCE what you have discovered, many years ago in one of the meeting that I used to go to and after being lied to time and time I finally said at the board" You know I dont like being lied to but at least by me dinner before you **** me over " I have fought with these clowns over 30 years , I wish you all best of luck but until you can really sit down with some sort of representation that will accually listen to the views they will always walk all over us .ONLY once when we had huge town hall Rally's where 700 plus people showed(re halibut) up did DFO really go whooooaaa and they backed off when only 10 or so show up to a sfab meeting they sit back and laugh at us inside... as it appears no ones gives a **** , And as much as you want to scream and yell at these guys when that did happen then they only wanted closed door meetings, cause we scared them....

You're right, Roy. That was the only time I saw them rule in our favour. They didn’t like facing that large upset mob, for sure.

Quite frankly, I am terrified at what we will happen this year with the Chinook policy. Same as last year, further reductions and/or pushback on dates on an already skinny rec policy. The amazing fishing last year from Aug 1st took our attention away from the nonsense policy they implemented a few months earlier. Many of us were just wanting to get out there. I am concerned about what's in store for this year.

One of the key parts of that campaign was that at the end of the meeting we had a desk where people could, and did fill out pre-printed post cards where they added their own comments, which was important, we did not pre-write them or give pre-written comments...and we flooded Parliament with letters and cards in volumes they had never seen before.

Bottom line guys. THE NATIVES ARE RUNNING THE DFO. They will be getting our quota and much more plus they will have their own rules which is no rules.

Not in my lifetime but hopefully one day a few generations from now... There may be a time where everyone is equal, have equal rights(no more or no less), is treated the same and has rules and laws which apply to everyone. Enough time has past for past transgressions. Let's move on and move forward.

Not in my lifetime but hopefully one day a few generations from now... There may be a time where everyone is equal, have equal rights(no more or no less), is treated the same and has rules and laws which apply to everyone. Enough time has past for past transgressions. Let's move on and move forward.
Maybe after a pandemic

Some people live on a pretty tight budget, Ocean harvesting is an expensive endeavor for the recreational boater. If people have to spend more or groceries then less money to go out boating and fishing. Simple as that

I save a lot of money in the winter eating what i have harvested in the summer. 125 pawns is still a good figure and I doubt that cutting it to 125 is going to save much from the overall recreational harvest.

You would probably have to cut it to below 50 before you would see a big reduction. I think most people understand that and they see a move down to 125 as the first step to it being lowered again. ITs not necessarily the figure but the overall direction things are going and fast.

My experience with “possession limits” means that is all you can have on you. For example Salmon fishing in Alaska you can catch your first limit before midnight, then a second limit after midnight. The number of fish in your cooler had nothing to do with your possession limit. I would guess the limits here apply the same. Just throwing this out there without actually reading the local laws or even where this is...

My experience with “possession limits” means that is all you can have on you. For example Salmon fishing in Alaska you can catch your first limit before midnight, then a second limit after midnight. The number of fish in your cooler had nothing to do with your possession limit. I would guess the limits here apply the same. Just throwing this out there without actually reading the local laws or even where this is...
The number of fish in your cooler has everything to do with your possession limit.

The number of fish in your cooler has everything to do with your possession limit.

So reading the regulations your both right,, kinda.

Possession
  • 13 (1) No person shall possess more fish of a species, other than halibut, except at the person’s ordinary residence, than twice the daily quota for fish of that species prescribed by these Regulations.

• (2) No person shall possess more than 3 halibut, except at the person’s ordinary residence.
14 No person on board a vessel shall possess any halibut taken by sport fishing if there are any other fish on board the vessel that are destined for sale, trade or barter.

So if you’re on an extended fishing trip on your vessel you could according to the regulations have more than your daily limit in possession in your cooler. Yes whats in your cooler counts but not necessarily as just your daily.

So reading the regulations your both right,, kinda.

Possession
  • 13 (1) No person shall possess more fish of a species, other than halibut, except at the person’s ordinary residence, than twice the daily quota for fish of that species prescribed by these Regulations.

• (2) No person shall possess more than 3 halibut, except at the person’s ordinary residence.
14 No person on board a vessel shall possess any halibut taken by sport fishing if there are any other fish on board the vessel that are destined for sale, trade or barter.

So if you’re on an extended fishing trip on your vessel you could according to the regulations have more than your daily limit in possession in your cooler. Yes whats in your cooler counts but not necessarily as just your daily.
Well isn't that just common knowledge and a requirement of your license to understand that? Why are we even talking about this? Yes you can "possess"(have in your possession) your "possession limit" which is two times your "daily limit". What's changed?

I’m not talking about in your boat cooler. in your residence- which can be your RV, or your Motel ((legally a residence) So if on an extended stay in the Straight you could have a weeks worth of limits at your motel, just not in your boat cooler on the water just like the law reads.

I’m not talking about in your boat cooler. in your residence- which can be your RV, or your Motel ((legally a residence) So if on an extended stay in the Straight you could have a weeks worth of limits at your motel, just not in your boat cooler on the water just like the law reads.

It is illegal to:
  • possess more than your daily limit or possession limit except for what is at your ordinary residence

Ordinary residence
A residential dwelling where a person normally lives - a motor home at a campsite or a vessel at a marina is not considered to be an ordinary residence.

Good Info! I hadn’t seen “ordinary residence” in regulations before where I fish. That info is exactly why we discuss this stuff

Here’s a couple more example of how regulatory commissions define possession.

Attachments

• 37BA2F8E-A80E-4B5E-8D58-2FBAF49CFA88.jpeg
    37BA2F8E-A80E-4B5E-8D58-2FBAF49CFA88.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 23
This is NOT from Canada fyi but shows how important reading local regulations can be

Attachments

• B4F56FBA-E4F2-49DD-BB5B-8853CE3304E8.jpeg
    B4F56FBA-E4F2-49DD-BB5B-8853CE3304E8.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 18
Back