DFO Survey

Rickeoni

With the amount of Spam and Scam on the internet, Is this for real?

upload_2020-1-25_12-56-11.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-25_12-55-12.png
    upload_2020-1-25_12-55-12.png
    135 KB · Views: 24
It should tell you on the bottom of your fishing licence what month you are selected for

upload_2020-1-25_13-40-35.png

I’ve got these 3 years in a row. I was all on board until I read that it was mandatory to my license and I had to submit by law.... then I decided FU DFO and have never done it. I just can’t stand it when government pulls that ****! FFS just ask? Don’t threaten me! I’m a law abiding citizen.......until you **** me off.....

I’ve got these 3 years in a row. I was all on board until I read that it was mandatory to my license and I had to submit by law.... then I decided FU DFO and have never done it. I just can’t stand it when government pulls that ****! FFS just ask? Don’t threaten me! I’m a law abiding citizen.......until you **** me off.....

I dont get it. You obey the laws until someone tells you about it, then you decide "F U Govt", you cant tell me what to do.

Did you also know that it's illegal to rob a bank ;)

I was sent one a few months ago about sturgeon fishing in the past year. I had not been sturgeon fishing within the year, so not one single question on the survey was relative to me. It was a complete waste of time.

I was sent one a few months ago about sturgeon fishing in the past year. I had not been sturgeon fishing within the year, so not one single question on the survey was relative to me. It was a complete waste of time.

It's how statistics work. A "I wasnt fishing" answer is just as representative as a "I caught 12" answer.

So for two anglers they get an average of 6 fish.

If you dont submit yours, they need to get a sample size so they may just keep going until they get an answer. If that person wailed on them too, the estimate gets inflated.

It's how statistics work. A "I wasnt fishing" answer is just as representative as a "I caught 12" answer.

So for two anglers they get an average of 6 fish.

If you dont submit yours, they need to get a sample size so they may just keep going until they get an answer. If that person wailed on them too, the estimate gets inflated.
The questions were relative to if I went with a guide or self guided and similar questions that can only answered if I actually went fishing

It’s easy to submit a nil report I don’t get what the hugofbaloo is all about.

As I’m sure you are aware there is no sturg stamp required to fish in salt water. Therefor anyone that has a salt water licence could use it to go sturg fishing.

If you don’t go sturg fishing simply report that. They don’t no if you go or not.

On another post people complain about guessing, voodoo halibut flyover science, regs, seasons and limits based on DFO guesses. Now rec fishers ***** when a questionnaire is sent out to gather valid verified data from our fisheries. WTH is going on? I have received a few of these over the last couple years, always fill in properly with valid truthful data. I see NO reason not to, good job I am not the boss, no complete = No new licence. Imagine how easily defendable our sport would be if the public and DFO had verified numbers, data, and $$$$$$$ spent for the last 10 years???

HM

On another post people complain about guessing, voodoo halibut flyover science, regs, seasons and limits based on DFO guesses. Now rec fishers ***** when a questionnaire is sent out to gather valid verified data from our fisheries. WTH is going on? I have received a few of these over the last couple years, always fill in properly with valid truthful data. I see NO reason not to, good job I am not the boss, no complete = No new licence. Imagine how easily defendable our sport would be if the public and DFO had verified numbers, data, and $$$$$$$ spent for the last 10 years???

HM
I'm not complaining about the surveys. I fill them out all the time. But if I get a survey that is about sturgeon fishing, and I answer "no" to if I went sturgeon fishing, I shouldn't have to answer numerous questions about where I was fishing, if I went with a guide, if I went solo, if I was in the lower or upper fraser, etc.. Those questions should have been deemed irrelevant after I answered "no" to whether I went fishing for sturgeon or not.

Not pointing fingers at any poster. I agree if first question response is did not fish for that species and the subsequent questions are still with that species one could/should assume that following questions should not be asked, but I do not know what data is being collected? Just because it makes no sense to me maybe it does to those gathering data?

All I am saying is I think we all should be providing the best verified knowledgeable data whenever we can. Now what is done with that data or if DFO will use to assist the rec fishery or even listen is a different subject. I have been at meetings where it is blatantly obvious a decision has been made, approved and implemented and the meeting is only for PR purposes. This pisses me off.

HM

Back