What's for dinner tonight ?

Had to dig beneath the many packs of Autism herring, to find the fish for blackened hali tacos.
Trying to cut back on deep fried for a bit. Easier too. Get the cast iron pan smoking hot, add a few drops of oil, then wipe it around and out with a paper towel.
into the mortise and pestle with
dried garlic
chili powder
black pepper corns
coarse sea salt
dried oregano, basil and thyme
smoked paprika
pinch of cayenne.

Attachments

• bht1.jpg
    bht1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 73
  • bht2.jpg
    bht2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 71
Seared Albacore Tuna Lox and seared Spring Salmon sashimi taco's with home made pickled seaweed, home made napa & cucumber slaw, home made roasted garlic wasabi aioli sauce, avocado, and toasted sesame seeds. Didn't use the Siriachia or Goma sauce in the picture cause the home made roasted garlic wasabi aoili was so good I didn't want to mess it up with other sauces. Washed them down with an ice cold lager.

Wasabi garlic aioli sauce:
half a head of garlic roasted
1/3 cup mayo plus 1 tbsp
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp ale dijon mustard
1/4 tsp fish sauce
1/4 tsp of Worcestershire
1 tsp wasabi paste
salt and pepper

Seaweed pickling sauce (dried seaweed needs to be re hydrated in very warm or hot water for a little bit before pickling. Wakame seaweed is the best to use but I only had nori on hand so use it.)
3 tbsp wine or rice vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
2 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp grated garlic
3/4 tbsp mirin
pinch of salt

Napa/cucumber slaw dressing:
2 tbsp tamarind sauce
3 tbsp ponzu sauce

20200121_201819.jpg

20200121_201813.jpg

20200121_192125.jpg

20200121_195539.jpg

20200121_195928.jpg

20200121_181101.jpg

20200121_183358.jpg

20200121_175825.jpg

Last edited:
Ya my wife went back for seconds ;).. I just mixed some hali & salmon but a couple prawns with that combo hmmm :)

o ka I might meet the time fame to brine and pit"n" grill a fillette o sping after bacon .or?rapped? with ,never done a pit and spit salmon"n"bacon .PICT0181.JPG

o ka I might meet the time fame to brine and pit"n" grill a fillette o sping after bacon .or?rapped? with ,never done a pit and spit salmon"n"bacon .View attachment 50317

Man,, love your stuff but you have to start to proof read your posts or lay off the sauce one of the two brother.

Last edited:
Mondays plan pit "n"spit turkey.I appologize ,I can't please everyone all the time, so I try to please some of us some of the time.PICT0236.JPG

Heavy on the sauce
I only spread a little sauce on half sides of skinned chinook,some on half the pranws aswell.fish was a year old from a friend as i caught no salmon last year due to logistics.We can only travel as fast the slowest member so I retard myself for others to be incluuded.

Back