2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropped traps near tunstall and fished for 2 hours there. Lost one and that was it. Marked some bait. Mediocre prawn haul but enough for a couple meals. 8 nice keeper crap, few of them
7.5”
This little visitor in prawn trap.

How were the water conditions getting to and from tunstall?

damn it.. will the winds just go away so that we can get out on the water!!!!
You're right it's been especially brutal this year. Good for me though because the wife will only give me a few days a month and when the weather permits she know's I'm gone.

Dont know if anyone told ya but ITS WINTER haha Hope u get out soon and tight lines. PS Go ice fishin better water conditions, flat calm when ever I go, but can be a bit of a hassle cutting out a hole big enough for the boat

Ya I know it's winter. But the itch to get out on the water has been around for too long these past 3 to 4 weeks. Need to scratch that itch. I often wonder what's its like living in Central or Southern California or Australia for that matter, when it's nice out 365 days of the year.

Austr
I often wonder what's its like living in Central or Southern California or Australia for that matter, when it's nice out 365 days of the year.
Australia is half on fire and California runs out of water. We’ve got it pretty darn good here!

Austr

Australia is half on fire and California runs out of water. We’ve got it pretty darn good here!
As per Spring Fever, the Baja has wonderful fishing and sunny days over 300 days a year

is the GOG open for the retention of spring salmon? getting fed up trying to get opening info from the DFO website.
Yup. As far as I know there's no "conservation measures" until April 1 but that could change.
Download the fishing BC app it makes it marginally simpler.

Out yesterday by the freighters, a few boats out there with fish on although I didn’t see any kept. We had 3 but all under. Beauty day, flat calm. Back out today.

Out yesterday by the freighters, a few boats out there with fish on although I didn’t see any kept. We had 3 but all under. Beauty day, flat calm. Back out today.

Good for you! Our boat is going under the knife for manifolds and all associated "while you're in theres" so I'm hoping to push off week after next. Oh the Joy's of IOs lol

Out again Sunday. Tried the freighters again more so we could pick up some crab around Jericho than anything else. Picked one that was just a hair under but not much action. Just great being out though after all the wind and crappy weather we've been having. Heard the mouth of the cap was pretty hot on the flood but the tides didn't work for our timing. That will be my next spot when wind and tide permits.

Good for you! Our boat is going under the knife for manifolds and all associated "while you're in theres" so I'm hoping to push off week after next. Oh the Joy's of IOs lol
I feel your pain. Many, many years with the IO's and all the associated repairs. Haven't looked back since going to OB's. Hope it's not too big a bill and you get back out soon!

Got Bronze Manifolds a number of years back and only need to do the anodes. Got them at Popeyes when they were around. Best bargain I ever found there.

Got Bronze Manifolds a number of years back and only need to do the anodes. Got them at Popeyes when they were around. Best bargain I ever found there.

I have been looking around at alternatives but havent found anything for my volvo 320 gxi...I know there is someone local building manifolds with far better longevity but not for the newer power. My current manifolds are Sierra and have been fine for 350 hours and almost 5 years but I'm going volvo parts this time around. It was a timing thing last go around. I'm interested to see how these Sierra manifolds look but I'm not messing around. Thx sorry back to reports!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back