Seaport 2400 XL POD Conversion Project

Kinda interesting with the poly tanks. I have an 2007 and am curious what my tanks are. Seems like the poly/plastic would last forever compared to maybe stainless.

The fuel gauge thing is interesting as well. I have 2 60 gallon tanks and when I am at half I can never get 60 gallons to go in. I guess fuel gauges reading conservative is better than the other way.

Hi guy's

Question for you Tuna Guy's! I want to split the old engine room in to two holds, 1 will get a stainless steel liner/insulation and act as a fish box, the back one will contain all the mechanical/electrical equipment of the boat. If you where going to build a tuna hold in your boat how long would you make it? I want to be able stack iced tuna in this hold. How long is a typical tuna we catch up here?

Martin

Phase two begins today!

Boat is all clean, all silicon has been removed!

GWn9E6P.jpg

Fiberglass starts today!

Phase two begins today!

Boat is all clean, all silicon has been removed!

GWn9E6P.jpg

Fiberglass starts today!

Wow that’s a lot of holes that were put in the engine compartment. Hard to see, but it looks like you have filled them all in already?

That’s going to be an awesome rig when you’re done. Keep the pictures coming.

Oly

I might have missed it but who is building your new hatch cover that will go where the dog house used to be?

I had the deck redone on my Seasport last winter. Had all the removed fiberglass/plywood panels replaced with solid glass, no more wood to worry about. I had Blackline in Sidney do the work.

I had the deck redone on my Seasport last winter. Had all the removed fiberglass/plywood panels replaced with solid glass, no more wood to worry about. I had Blackline in Sidney do the work.
Hi pro fisher, were your original panels breaking down around the screw holes.
Was Blackline Able to match skid design?, what’s approximate cost for this work.
Thanks and regards

How'd you do solid glass, just wondering what the base was where the plywood was replaced.

Oly

I was down at the fiberglass shop today! Transom is all filled in and ready for gelcoat. Looks really good! Decided to do a bunch of extra work on the deck and inside of the boat. Should be another week or so for them to get it all done!
What no video?!

Sorry guys wasn't following along here for a bit. Yes Backline was able to match the original splatter on the deck...close enough. If doing the entire deck it just has to be close as you won't be matching to old. My 92 didn't have a deck liner it is like a tri-color splatter pattern which I like a lot as it looks clean when it isn't...unlike a uniform white deck which shows dirt or stains. I lifted the deck more as preventive measures to inspect how the sub structure was doing. It was still 80% sound so I didn't take it any further....didn't want it to become a money pit. Once the deck was up the decision was made to remove the wood from the deck because we were going to make new panels regardless. The old ones had years left in them and the deck still felt solid under foot. It was just that it was time to invest back into the boat and make sure it holds up for the rest of my fishing career...without surprises if possible. The cost to do fiberglass panels wasn't that much more and it turned out to weigh only 45 pounds more than the ply/fiberglass ones that came out. This was still a big job, they had the boat for a few weeks and went at it hard for about a week once we made the decisions on what we were doing. Cost was close to $10,000 and that included some other minor cosmetic repairs I had them do while it was in the shop. I'll try and post pics the next time I have the rear canvas off.

Back