SFBC's 2019-2020 NHL Hockey Thread

got t o watch that third period.. great hockey...who is that louie Erikson character :) :)
Not sure who that was as he showed up with some grit setting up Pearson for the empty netter. Will be interesting if everyone stays healthy with Ferland possibly showing up after the all star break .Too many bodies but I will say Sutter was a nice addition to the 4th line. Schaller with a -12 looks like the odd man out. Backes from Boston was put on waivers today with a similar $6m contract as Ericksson although 1 year less.

Ericksson has look good with Horvat and that line... guess we will see how it goes with the sharks tomorrow night :)

As my good Hawk friend Bows is aware, there is nothing quite like a win in Montreal. I think now of my first NHL game in Mapleleaf Gardens Leafs vs. Hawks. Ive been a Hawks fan ever since. There jerseys were so cool.;) eman

As my good Hawk friend Bows is aware, there is nothing quite like a win in Montreal. I think now of my first NHL game in Mapleleaf Gardens Leafs vs. Hawks. Ive been a Hawks fan ever since. There jerseys were so cool.;) eman
Yup in my opinion no question best jerseys in the league. TSN is in a complete flap with the Hawks drubbing of the Leafs and the Canucks temporally in 1st place in the Pacific. Kubalik's goal was a beaut and really like what is going on with the Hawks. Toronto needs defensive help now with Reilly out of the line up.

By temporary I guess you mean until the end of the 2020 season?!

Its looking like I might not get an early start to my spring/summer chores this year....will be stuck on the couch watching Canuck playoff hockey.

I'll take the win as Demko was outstanding to steal one. Miller and Virtanen on their game as well. St. Louis was unlucky at times as were the Canucks. St. Louis constant uncalled pick plays didn't help the Canucks defence. Taste of playoff hockey I guess. On to San Jose.

Can't continue to play 2 periods again like the Canucks did last night if they intend to make the playoffs. Tough to watch but I will take the win and move on to the Islanders. 10am start Saturday. Edmonton, Calgary a barn burner last night.

That was painful last night as the Canucks look like they have lost their mojo with EP out of the line up.
Derby dropped over from the Island with some rum which really didn't help matters much so now I am unfortunately faced with hitting the Boat Show this morning without my mojo.
Lol

Last edited:
There was a point in the second period when their attack looked organised & potent but too much fancy passing put an end to that.

That was painful last night as the Canucks look like they have lost their mojo with EP out of the line up.
Derby dropped over from the Island with some rum which really didn't help matters much so now I am unfortunately faced with hitting the Boat Show this morning without my mojo.
Lol

Hahahaha... U did spend some money yestrerday... Nucks should win tonight ..I'm not drinking your rum :)

Hahahaha... U did spend some money yestrerday... Nucks should win tonight ..I'm not drinking your rum :)
Kick myself for not buying the Grunden footwear at the PNT booth. Great buy, many others did, not me.
Will see what Calgary brings tonight as it will give me a good idea which direction the road weary Canucks are heading.
Long eastern road trip again with 1 days rest including travel. My pet leave, never in Leafs land.

Well got my answer as the Flames coasted to an ugly easy win with no real pushback in an important game. Defensive coverage or lack of it left Markstrom high and dry. Team looked spent so why wouldn't the coach have throw in a couple of the young guys brought up in Bailey and MacEwen who have everything to prove. Again, time to ditch Schaller and Eriksson for some grit at least.

At least I had enough sense not to mix my rum with Diet Coke. What was that going to accomplish anyway? Lol

Well got my answer as the Flames coasted to an ugly easy win with no real pushback in an important game. Defensive coverage or lack of it left Markstrom high and dry. Team looked spent so why wouldn't the coach have throw in a couple of the young guys brought up in Bailey and MacEwen who have everything to prove. Again, time to ditch Schaller and Eriksson for some grit at least.

Think the canucks got there play off game pace game.. Peddie got to feel and see first hand what a play off game would look ..

Back