2020 Sidney Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried the same tac around noon based on this intel ^^^^

4 hits in an hour but the biggest was just under at 60cm to the fork (64cm to the tip but I’m better than that)

it fought like a 10 pounder so I thought my slump was busted, but dammit... here we are!

What derby is that ? Sidney anglers ? I see the 2020 Salmon enhancement derby was once again cancelled. Sad news and they mentioned no update from dfo on regs but they had planned on moving it March 2020 ?

this is the annual mill bay derby. It’s a bit of a washing machine our there. Stay safe to those who are braving it!!

What derby is that ? Sidney anglers ? I see the 2020 Salmon enhancement derby was once again cancelled. Sad news and they mentioned no update from dfo on regs but they had planned on moving it March 2020 ?
With all the uncertainty from DFO its hard to plan a derby of that scale and do it justice for all the participants, volunteers and sponsors. The membership had a vote and the result was to cancel/postpone the derby. There should be an announcement about a future event benefitting salmon enhancement once all the details are finalized.

Oh and I ****** my back up moving a pool table so sadly I have no fishing reports.

Im just going to assume Mark L won the Mill Bay derby until I hear otherwise!

3 undersized for us, fishing between wain rock and Arbutus Island. Coming out of Sidney was a little touch and go this morning!

Late report. Was having engine issues so went out Sunday for a test drive not expecting the motor to work and not seeing good weather. Ran the engine and no issues so decided why not fish as the the winds calmed down. Fished the channel and had over a dozen fish to the boat. Almost all were 20 inches. The biggest one was 8-10lbs but spit the hook out beside the boat.

Managed one that was legal for dinner.

Dusted off the double eagle and dragged out Nolan for some salmon action today. (His first in months)

Dropped traps in at the spit and tried a couple passes there at 100’ with nothing to show. We decided to make a choppy cruise to powder wharf and beyond where he got the first hit on his coho killer. Then I started getting a bunch on my Irish cream skinny g with new derby winner flasher and they were all solid 6 pounders in the 58-61cm range. The no meat streak continues...
Got into a few doubles in a row before we decided we had enough.
Got one dungee and called it a day. Not before snapping this pic though:

C69BBEFF-CCF5-40BE-B0A5-FA5F99AF3510.jpeg

Got out for a few hours with a buddy today, saw a father and son pair at the launch and helped them as the launch was covered in logs first thing this morning. son was stoked to get out there which was nice to see! even better was later they came by showed us what looked to be a nice 10lbs or so spring said that it was caught on the back side of sidney island near halibut island. if your on here congrats and good job! as for us he hit about 10 undersized some being close and one being right on 62 which we released for the fish gods. coal and spit was our tacs today right on the bottom.

Tight lines

In case you missed it I reposted a link on the saltwater forum, supplied by Spring Velocity, to a survey that we should all be filling out. If like me you are pissed off over the closure of Pender Bluffs for a Sanctuary, here’s your chance to let the powers to be know. More the better guys and gals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back