Brad's Super Bait Cut Plug and Mini Cut Plug

Caught lots of coho on one near Bella Bella once when some guys gave me one after saying it was killing the fish. Have only tried it a time or two after. It will catch coho , but so will lots of things. Can't say if its a spring producer.

I tried it for springs off and on for 3 years and finally threw all 7 that I had away last October. I did have a friend catch 1 spring on them but not for me

Thanks guys.
Pretty pricey lure as well, more than likely would just get worn out riding in the bottom of the tackle box lol.

I tried this exact lure towards mid Sept last year. I think the trick is to make sure it's loaded with scent. Either in the form of a fresh strip of herring wedged into the center or better yet load the the sponge that it comes with with an oily strong scent. The action is consistent and it's like a hybrid between using bait and artificial lures. I did well on it when bait wasn't working. Only tried it on 2 occasions so can't make any definitive statements on effectiveness. Guys in WA and OR state use it quite often and do very well fishing for springs that go up the rivers. They load it up with tuna.

I tried one in august off the south arm and got a few of my chinook on it. I put a piece of foam soaked in scent inside. It has good action and alot of glow.

Tried them, caught more coho than springs on them. Only use on a real slow day for something different. Definitely not on the top 3 go to list.

They have there merit. There was a day that I put down an anchovy on one side and a Brad's cut plug on the other both around 110 feet and 4 nice springs decided to take the Brad's over the real thing.

I didn’t use Brads but one called King Candy same idea with very limited results. Think I got one coho in three seasons of trying them. Now there all hanging in the cabin as decorations with old flashers and other retired hooks.

I should also mention that since that day I haven't caught a damn thing on them lol

I was in Cabelas in Lacey just before they hit our market and bought a bunch. They were relatively cheap, unrigged. Used periodically over a couple of years and they almost always had fish showing interest. Caught a few springs on them but somehow they do seem to get Coho charged up. I did very well one day on the flats of the NS in 20-30 of water using them naked but fast. Still try them the odd time. Agree though, not a top 3. I will keep using them through out the season though. Its very important to clean out the scent cavity when not using them.

Thanks for the feed back guys, I may order a couple. If nothing else I can see the big Lakers on my home lake going for them.

I tried this thread/lure a few years ago and was named a turd.they work loaded with sent and bait dragging bottom for halli.and few doggies

Yes I use them down here in the states and also when I go to Bamfield every August, And I have great luck on them, There is a way to rig them and color is huge. Some years Green is hot, some years blue is hot, sometimes its off the wall color. I will put anchovie or herring fillet inside. Run a 4/0 and a 5/0 red hook tied close together( 1 inch apart) with a large bead and do not run the line through the last little hole towards the tail. And give them a honest try and they will catch fish.

Yes I use them down here in the states and also when I go to Bamfield every August, And I have great luck on them, There is a way to rig them and color is huge. Some years Green is hot, some years blue is hot, sometimes its off the wall color. I will put anchovie or herring fillet inside. Run a 4/0 and a 5/0 red hook tied close together( 1 inch apart) with a large bead and do not run the line through the last little hole towards the tail. And give them a honest try and they will catch fish.
have you trieded a squid or octo inside the turd?

My neighbour fishes out of Rupert all summer and swears by these things. I mean pretty much uses them exclusively. He's a pretty fishy dude and always comes home with a boat full. He did mention that you need to load the trap door up with either a herring strip or some scent. personally I've used them a few times out of Kitimat and they are not my thing.

I've used canned tuna packed in oil with success. Soak the sponge in the tuna oil

Back