Shockwave S5’s reviews

Where has the tempress seats? I’ve sat in a Corbin. They’re sweet. But they better be for the price

I have seen them at 3 places but all on the Island so not sure where you are. Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo.....Lakes Marine in Duncan and the place across from PNT in Parksville but I can’t remember the name. They all had the High Back Elite model last summer.

Budget?? It’s like building a house, what you estimate, double it! Lol

I have seen them at 3 places but all on the Island so not sure where you are. Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo.....Lakes Marine in Duncan and the place across from PNT in Parksville but I can’t remember the name. They all had the High Back Elite model last summer.
I’m in Victoria. Born and raised. And managed to buy a house here! I’ll call around today to find where I hopefully can find someone that has both the Tempress and the Corbin. I’m a big guy, 6’4” and 270lbs. The seat has to be able to put up with that.....

I have seen them at 3 places but all on the Island so not sure where you are. Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo.....Lakes Marine in Duncan and the place across from PNT in Parksville but I can’t remember the name. They all had the High Back Elite model last summer.[/QUOTE

PNT can get them.. should ask for a quote..

I have used them for 3 seasons, 2 in a 2802 the 2 seasons. Definite game changer for me.
Probably will be coming up for sale in the near future...

Does this pain appear in you spine almost like a bruised rib kinda deal? I feel pretty beat up these days and I'm thinking I might need to make the switch. When I lay down on my side it's like I'm getting stabbed when I get up. Tough to breathe. I've given up all sports these past couple years and I'm now mainly a desk jockey at work. I'm overweight but for 38 I feel more like 78.

Does this pain appear in you spine almost like a bruised rib kinda deal? I feel pretty beat up these days and I'm thinking I might need to make the switch. When I lay down on my side it's like I'm getting stabbed when I get up. Tough to breathe. I've given up all sports these past couple years and I'm now mainly a desk jockey at work. I'm overweight but for 38 I feel more like 78.

Maybe see your doctor :)

I put two bases in my North River with the original factory seats. I did sit in one of the shock wave seats at the boat show a couple of years ago. They were nice but way too pricey. Even the gal I talked to at Shockwave said they were over priced. One of the best investments for me. as well serious back issues over the years. Currently have a piece of disc that has broken and pinching the sciatic. Honestly, I always feel the best when I am in the boat. I think the bases are the main investment, but if money isn't an issue then I would buy the whole package.

Mine is more sciatic. Lower back. My hamstrings and butt are always tight. Causes a lot of lower back pain. If I lay on my side I have to have a large pillow between the legs. Or it pulls on back. I feel the 78 thing. I just turned 40. I find working out does the most significant change. I should do it more.... I went back on the tools as I hate the desk. That’s helped to. And I like my job again.....

Last edited:
Mine is more sciatic. Lower back. My hamstrings and butt are always tight. Causes a lot of lower back pain. If I lay on my side I have to have a large pillow between the legs. Or it pulls on back. I feel the 78 thing. I just turned 40. I find working out does the most significant change. I should do it more.... I went back on the tools as I hate the desk. That’s helped to. And I like my job again.....
God you're like the voice that's screaming at me in my head. You're 100% right. I throw the pouch on time to time and I feel way better. Only problem is nobody is backing me up with the office stuff so it piles up then it's more stressful. I bought a gym pass in November and have yet to go :(. Adulting is hard.

God you're like the voice that's screaming at me in my head. You're 100% right. I throw the pouch on time to time and I feel way better. Only problem is nobody is backing me up with the office stuff so it piles up then it's more stressful. I bought a gym pass in November and have yet to go :(. Adulting is hard.
I have a gym/pool pass. I find stretching in the sauna helps and it’s still a lazy activity. I bring in 4 litres of water and stay until I can’t. I hired for the office stuff. Need to delegate even more of it. My office stuff piles up regardless of me dedicating time to it. I just don’t like it.....so there’s always stress around it as I procrastinate always and as I put it off more. The stress compounds. I find I have more value onsite. My crew runs smoothly. Less (costly) mistakes are made. This has me thinking. I’m hiring someone full time for the office now!

Good advice about visiting a doctor! Doctors don’t seem to be a lot of help with back pain, but they can prescribe some very useful drugs. Most good physiotherapists know the issues & can give you the best advice to get you back on your feet.
With me, the pain starts with a standard low back muscle cramp kind of thing. If I continue to push it, the sciatica starts up. Severe pain from my butt to mid calf. At worst, it even goes into my foot. Almost crippling.
A regular, targeted exercise regime is a must to improve core strength. The other thing that really helped me in my six month recovery was an inversion table. I bought the Teeter brand & swear by it. Very sturdy rig.
Between that & the S5 (AND being careful how I work) I have had only minor symptoms, so far.
Knocking on wood, now!

Who has a doctor anymore?! If I go to a clinic in Vancouver they just give you drugs.

oh sorry i have had only 2 doctors in my life.. the second one for 20 years :) u need to make time for a exercise... 30 minutes of sweating 4 times a week goes a long ways to help u out.. make it the first thing in the morning before work.. work will always be there and something will always jump out ... its made a big difference in my life the last 35 years...took me sometime to get into it... as they say a little goes along way :)

Last edited:
I have been at the gym for years and done Iron-Mans and Spartains & various mud runs, body fat was at 6-7% back when I was 45, i'm 49 now, lean muscle mass was awesome! My Vo2 max was like a 26yrs old. Its tough to maintain a pace like I was training for very long, at least 2 hrs x 6 sometimes 7 days with a recovery day, without being winded most days, then I fell off the wagon slowly so its time to hop back on, got to loose about 15-20lbs...

I almost always had some sort of ache or pain somewhere, my body was under tremendous stress, too much for an old fart :) then went for a colonoscopy as they thought I had cancerous cells appear in a test result, not fun!!

I use to tell my trainers Ill do it if they did, they learned pretty quick not to challenge me :), I think I had the nickname "burpy boy" haha

Whats this got to do with Shochwave S5's? noten at all...
Bad backs. Which I'm leaning towards blaming on the boating. The seat could be a solution.

Bad backs.

O ya sorry on a rant, bent to pick up a piece of paper that fell behind the pull out recycling bin in the kitchen a few months back and once down, I couldn't get up, it took me about a good 2 months to recover, so yes I need a Shockwave as well!

Bad backs. Which I'm leaning towards blaming on the boating. The seat could be a solution.

... or go to the gym and make use of that membership :) it will help as you stretch and gain mobility.

Back on topic

Seriously, bad backs are no fun, my dad has degenerative disc disease and has had several surgeries to remove rotting disc's, literally. He has a bunch of pins and plates on either side of the spine in his upper neck where it meets the head socket, I call it a "lift kit" to make light of it. He is in his 70's and has had regular cordisone shots to help with pain management but they stopped being effective. The next step is to sever the nerves that is transmitting the pain... I am really thinking of a seat and base from Shockwave for him, I really think it would make an outing more pleasurable accompanied with a healthy supply of demerol's, trying to talk him into trying marijuana.

Also, my wife broke her back in her late teens due to a car accident, miracle she is even walking to this day! Thank you God...

so a seat and base for co-pilots, my awesome wife and my dad, not necessarily for me will be great to get! I will see how much money I have left over once this reno is done...

Last edited:
Back