2020 Pender Bluffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
X3 but I guess the sanctuary has really helped the SRKW and really bolstered the coast wide Chinook runs. Being sarcastic of course

I guess I don't get it, I'm American, what are you saying? Of course you're talking about a sanctuary Zone, taking shots at Americans isn't going to fix that.
Not taking shots. I have no problem with our brothers and sisters down south. Have a bunch of family spread out from Montana to California.
Hundreds of American boats continue to fish the bluffs all summer. Regardless of the regulations. While there are countless Americans that come up to Canada and abide by our regs, there are countless Americans that come up and fish and don’t abide by our regs. Don’t take it personally.

If DFO had put any effort into patrolling the area and ticketing offenders, we likely wouldn’t be having this conversation. Was anyone from either country ticketed ?

I witnessed a very large number of boats fishing the bluffs through the Summer. The majority were American but there were also a good percentage of Canadian boats and I believe most were totally ignorant of the closure of an area that they had fished many times before.I was tempted many times to report them to DFO but somehow that seemed to give legitimacy to their carefully staged con job,so I resisted.
It was not easy to do. There was virtually no enforcement of this farce and I still wonder if they even had the legal ability to make any charges stick.

I witnessed a very large number of boats fishing the bluffs through the Summer. The majority were American but there were also a good percentage of Canadian boats and I believe most were totally ignorant of the closure of an area that they had fished many times before.I was tempted many times to report them to DFO but somehow that seemed to give legitimacy to their carefully staged con job,so I resisted.
It was not easy to do. There was virtually no enforcement of this farce and I still wonder if they even had the legal ability to make any charges stick.
I agree it doesn’t seem to fit the criteria for an “Interim Order”! I believe the Trnaport Minister overstepped his authority and knew it.

My best fishing last year in the area was right at the mouth of Bedwell. There are good bottom lumps that housed a few fish for us. Moreso than fishing the bluffs on a normal year! Stayed within the red lines and there was fish!

Had to yell across at a few sailboats (under power) heading straight though the no-transit zone. Had to have been 30 boats in an hour just going where I wanted go.
upload_2020-1-13_9-9-43.png

I had some luck in the same area. Ironically, I actually saw whales there - I guess they didn't know that they were supposed to stay in the Pender Bluff sanctuary.

I had some luck in the same area. Ironically, I actually saw whales there - I guess they didn't know that they were supposed to stay in the Pender Bluff sanctuary.

I think they may be smarter than you think and are just using the sport boats as scouts. If they don't see a sport boat or two they avoid the area. It is starting to look like the implementation of political appeasement zones is ending up messing with the poor whales ability to find their pray with minimum use of energy. - Grin. There's a theory every bit as good as the nonsense used as justification to create these zones.

Last edited:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results"

Maybe they should of took their advice for an investment advisor.

Make sure you take the survey posted on the Main Saltwater fishing forum!

I thought the sanctuary was only until OCT. 31st for no boat traffic? Nothing mentioned of fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back