Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

in that third pic on the dock look at the freeboard of that transom with absolutely no weight whatsoever in it. i’m not gonna slam it’s seaworthiness but for the water i fish in, its a hard no for me.
Well that was my thought as well. Seems sketchy AF especially for a guy new to fishing and boating. I took him out this fall to Sandheads and he said "I'm buying a boat". Wasn't what I had in mind.

Would say the centre console Cope would be a better option. That River chicken is definitely an inside waters boat but that doesn't mean you can't fish further out when nature allows you. Just watch the conditions and pick your days. If you're out there and worried about water coming over the transom, you're already passed the time when you should have gone in. Reeltime is the guy to talk to about fishing Van in an open boat. I'd follow his advice.

That Cope is nice, but is overpriced at $14,500 for a 1992 hull without any electronics and "re-built" two stroke. I'd start at around $8k max, but then he'd likely think it's a low ball. :rolleyes:

I'd want a full height transom on that Riverhawk myself. But that hull would pound like crazy in a chop. I wouldn't want to take it in the chuck. The Cope is overpriced imo.

The window appears to hing down at the top of the console. I'd check the structural integrity of that as it appears to be a smallish hinge. I'm guessing there would be a bit of wind force on that at speed.

It’s shiny and new looking... IMO for $15k a boat like mine is what you want. Handles the chop. Low hour Yamaha 90 with a 9.9 HT kicker. Full stand up new canvas top and it loves getting blood in it.

It’s shiny and new looking... IMO for $15k a boat like mine is what you want. Handles the chop. Low hour Yamaha 90 with a 9.9 HT kicker. Full stand up new canvas top and it loves getting blood in it.
I agree

Back