Is there a dock you could pick someone up at in Porteau Cove?

Just pull up beside the old ferry landing dock and he can step onto your roof!:p

In all seriousness, don’t think there’s a dock as part of the ramp at porteau cove, just the concrete walkway that follows the grade of the ramp into the water but not ideal to snug up to in your condo.

Just pull up beside the old ferry landing dock and he can step onto your roof!:p

In all seriousness, don’t think there’s a dock as part of the ramp at porteau cove, just the concrete walkway that follows the grade of the ramp into the water but not ideal to snug up to in your condo.
So do people just beach their boats? Let's not forget I'm a GD ace with that pig

As noted above, kinda;

porteau_cove_provincial_park.jpg

Pretty much just a block jetty seperating the left and right launch ramp.

Pick them at Sunset Marina Instead?

I wish they would upgrade that launch with a proper dock. Gorgeous area to boat and fish when the winds are calm. ****** ramp and area to launch. If you come back anytime near or even a few hours from low tide you are going to have a tough time... Especially if winds or currents are strong. Currents will push you boat sideways while you try to get someone ose to the concrete walkway while at thr same time being careful to not scrape your hull against the concrete walkway. Can be very difficult to try to get someone onto that concrete walkway when currents are strong. To add insult to injury, the ramp itself can be very slippery at low tide. I was slipping and my wheels could not get traction to pull my boat and trailer out of the water due to how slippery the ramp was. I have a pickup truck and needed to slam it into 4x4 in order to get enough traction to get boat and trailer up the ramp. That 1 experience was enough for me to say no thanks unless I can time it for a day where the tides and winds are aligned.

If you are simply picking up and dropping someone off then it should be OK as long as you are not close to low tide.

Back