Tim Hortons

What I also noticed before I stopped going to Tims, was the rush/speed of the drive through taking extreme precedence versus going inside to order. One till barely moving the line, with 20 other employees rushing to get orders to the drive through.

That said, when going through the drive through, I can barely lift my card up to swipe/pay without them basically throwing the food at me at the same time. Or them handing me a the coffee, while I turn to put the coffee in the cup holder they have the bag of food in my face.

I get it, you are rushed, but it's kind of weird, there must be store bonuses directly to drive through quickness, which in turn creates more problems.

For instance, when you open the food, geesh. Its like they didn't even try. A sandwich with bacon, well the two pieces of bacon will be on top of each other on one side of the sandwich. Or my favourite, the old 80/20 or 90/10 bagel cut job. Leaving you with a massive bagel on one 'half' and a bagel chip for the other 'half'. Don't even get me started on them being so rushed that they can't afford to stir the coffee.

I'm a two milk, two sugar kind of guy. By the time you drink the first few bitter sips to get enough room to swish the coffee around, I'm left with a coffee that is too milky and too sweet.

/rant off

You cannot judge how good a coffee is unless you drink it black. Tim's coffee is sub standard, MadD's is acceptable at 1$. The best of this lot is at A&W.
If I want a decent cup of coffee (away from home) in Campbell river its Nesbits, Serious Coffee and Foggdukkers

You cannot judge how good a coffee is unless you drink it black. Tim's coffee is sub standard, MadD's is acceptable at 1$. The best of this lot is at A&W.
If I want a decent cup of coffee (away from home) in Campbell river its Nesbits, Serious Coffee and Foggdukkers
x2 on Serious Coffee. All this time I have humbly called myself non-Canadian for years b/c I absolutely cannot stand the taste of Timmies coffee. Now I feel the love :).

I totally agree. A&W coffee is way better than Tim’s and McDonalds is a close second to A&W. And yes I do drink it black.

McDonalds coffee resembles the old version of Timmies, which is probably a result of them using their old supplier. Good business move for them.

Oly

I have a budyy with 6 or 7 Tim's franchises. All food is made in Ontario and shipped to stores to be warmed.
He has trouble finding workers. The best stores for service are the ones with a crew of adult Phillipinas who have temporarily moved here to work.

Very common problem with most franchise operations these days.
Want good food and coffee. Drive to Campbell River and try the Ideal Cafe! An old style cafe that has kept up with the times.

still haven’t tried Nesbitts. serious has upped its game after all those last snobs got run out

Back