Looking For an Inexpensive Commuter Car

IronNoggin

The Lady's decided to through us a curve ball and calved last might. Thankfully in a parking lot rather than on the highway!

Now we need something to replace it.

Jingle is a little tight, so it's unlikely we can go anything over $ 3 K

Prefer on the Island obviously...

Whatcha got?

Hoping... Nog

How fussy are you? I have a older E150 ford van 1988 6 cyl auto trans that I parked a few yrs back. You can have it if you want. I’m in Victoria. It will need some attention but not $$. Some rodents moved in and I’m about to just have it towed away. It’s not pretty but was a great runner that was well maintained mechanically.

Very generous of you Sir, and Appreciated!
However we are trying to find something that will get decent mileage and not nickle and dime us overly much.
Think we may have found what we are seeking. A Buddy's mom passed last year, and her PT Cruiser is up for grabs. They've offered to drop the price considerably for us, and we are most likely to bite on that one...

Cheers & Thanks,
Nog

Nog start a go fund me page and a lot of us will pitch in

Appreciate that Joe, but we're simply not the type to do that.
Hate the thought of pleading for coin or help, even when it might needed.
We will find a way to make it work.

Many Thanks for the suggestion though...

Cheers,
Nog

My roommate has a Chevy equinox 06 130,000kms. Dent in door and fender but great mechanically
Wants 3k for it. He got a gti

The Lady went with a PT Cruiser - one owner - 75 year old Lady.
Mint shape, and a very good deal (Family Friends).

EU3rEn6.jpg

Very well maintained, low mileage, never a lick of problems, and two sets of tires on rims to boot.
And Yep, that little ol' Lady actually had the dealership paint the flames on the sides.
My Lady ain't overly fussy for them, but warmed up after I suggested one of my Buddies can airbrush a Roadrunner in front of them...
highly_amused.png

Cheers,
Nog

Last edited:
Back