WTB big heavy-butt commercial crab trap.

Rain City

Crew Member
Just looking for a couple but something heavy. I pulled one up once that some dickhead set over my set and I could barely lift it. I'd like something like that. Maybe 32" diameter round? That's what fits through my rails for storage.

You can hit some nice heavy current deep spots in the outer harbour with those tanks, marked some commercial guys way out towards qa
Oh you and I think alike my friend.
Trying to avoid the high traffic areas. Switching up my tactics a little this year.

Just looking for a couple but something heavy. I pulled one up once that some dickhead set over my set and I could barely lift it. I'd like something like that. Maybe 32" diameter round? That's what fits through my rails for storage.

What will you be using for a puller?

Brutus. It lifts my prawn gear which is over 50lb a set.
My buddy fishes two commercial crab traps per string and his Scotty puller drags them up no problem. Your Brutus should do better. No problem there. He fishes fairly shallow though. Not sure how much of a difference that would make.

got a 4 gate 48" ....still with rebar as well ....lol

What did you find?? Any pictures?

Oly
I just went with the 30" stainless ladners. They're 11 pounds. I might add a bit of weight. I realized the "small" commercial ones are like 60lbs!! Too big.

i thought you wanted a “big butt heavy” commercial pot but settled for a sissy girly pot. Just busting your chops raincity good luck crabbing
I figured these were a vast improvement from my old ones. Plus the better half was starting to question my sanity. Valid.

Back