Cabo bound

adanac,

Look forward to hearing how you do on your trip. I'm headed down early November for the month, will be fishing n the Tuna YFT Jackpot on the 7th and 8th, hoping there are big boys around.

Good luck.

Is that one of the turneys that has a huge prize pool?

I'm going there as well in February. I fish off the beach every day while the wife goes to the pool. I'll be planning to chase around some marlin again this year. Hope to find a good boat this time as last year I cheaped out, this year plan to spend a bit more for quality.

Is that one of the turneys that has a huge prize pool?
There is money to be won for sure, it's not like the Bisbees by any means. I believe this year there is about a million in prize money to be won. How much you can win depends on the daily jackpots you enter, any where from $500 a day to $5000 a day. The more put in the more you can potentially win.

Its only a two day tourney, its a lot of fun and I love hunting big YFT, one of my favourites.

I'm going there as well in February. I fish off the beach every day while the wife goes to the pool. I'll be planning to chase around some marlin again this year. Hope to find a good boat this time as last year I cheaped out, this year plan to spend a bit more for quality.

Good luck !

I’ve had done great fishing in March in SJD before as I’ve fished there a lot.

E mail Eric at Gordo Banks charters and ask to fish with Tony or Chamie
Looks like Tag Cabo are getting some nice fish right now. saw a yellow fin they got the other posted on Instagram that was 214lbs!

Looks like Tag Cabo are getting some nice fish right now. saw a yellow fin they got the other posted on Instagram that was 214lbs!
Some beauty YF being caught down there now, tis the season for those big ones. After hurricane season when the water temps start to become more stable is when the fishing gets good. October and November have always been my favourite times to fish down there, most all species of fish in the area.

Good luck

What do you bring for shore gear ?
I’m about 100 steps to the water where we stay.....

What do you bring for shore gear ?
I’m about 100 steps to the water where we stay.....
Bait with a weight on bottom by the rock piles, or top water fishing with a Cabo killer or similar. Spoons work too. Just get out there, you’ll figure it out

Crocs for casting, always worked for me. Xraps are deadly too.

Will depends if there is any swell, bait on the bottom works if you can’t cast outside the surf

Taking a family trip there next December and definitely want to sneak in some fishing. Do you bring back any of your catch to Canada?

Taking a family trip there next December and definitely want to sneak in some fishing. Do you bring back any of your catch to Canada?
Fishing is great in December. Get your fish processed at Gricelda’s and bring it home with you

We brought back coolers full of fish
48 quart coolers full of fish are just under 100lbs
Don’t forgot to tip the check in agent with some fresh fish, we got our coolers on for free or a nominal charge

I take my clothes down in a cooler , then distribute my stuff with the family and bring home fish in said cooler.no extra baggage.

I take my clothes down in a cooler , then distribute my stuff with the family and bring home fish in said cooler.no extra baggage.
Those Coleman 5 day coolers with the handle and wheels hold 40 lbs of frozen processed fillets. Perfect!

You should have no problem catching fish in December, water will still be nice and warm and should be many species still in the area. Your biggest dilemma is going to be,

What to fish for?

Transporting fish home is very simple, as mentioned above, use Gricelda. Used her for the first time this year as I was flying home not driving, amazing job, all my fish was in great shape and is all still sealed, they also deliver to your hotel before you leave. You can bring your own coolers or they will supply for you.

He is coming with me on a long range trip out of mag bay. We will be hitting the ridge for Wahoo, and tuna predominantly. Lots of stripe marlin out there as well. The boat has okish gear so everyone is bringing down a live bait setup and casting/popping rods. I have a whole set of trill gear. We will be offshore for almost 4 days fishing one of the most remote places in mex.
How'd the trip go? Been thinking about doing this trip for a while but would love to hear some first hand reviews!!

Back