Island outfitters fire

I heard there was a fire at island outfitters last night
Any truth to this hopefully it’s still recoverable
Been shopping with ward and Darren since I was a toddler

Wow! My favourite toy store. A great privately owned local business. I hope everyone is OK and they get back on their feet again soon. Best of luck guys.

Horrible news. I read that it is completely destroyed. Heart goes out to the Wards and everyone that works there.

Sad news all around they give so much to the fishing and hunting community.
And are definetly a great voice for the industry

Was planning to go spend my gift card and more today. Great people and always gave me great advice. I’m hoping to hear some better news

To all of our customers.
By now I’m sure most of you have heard that we had a large fire this morning which has shut down the store. We will be set up in the next few days via email to answer any questions or concerns regarding business.

Thank you for your on going support and understanding

Heartbroken. Went into the parking lot around 1pm without any prior knowledge and was speechless.

Hopefully you'll be up and running again soon. Love your store and can't wait to be inside it again.

I can only hope the best for the owners and people that depend on this place for employment. It’s a quality place, always enjoyed going in there over the years and was always treated well.
Here’s to hoping they can come out of it stronger and better than ever.

Sorry to hear of this tragedy!

I’ve been a fan of island outfitters since I was 10 years old buying trout fishing belly boats and playing on their virtual fishing game, where you got to play an an actual rod and reel and fight a tyee on a giant screen and the rod pulled line as the fish ran.

Fast forward 25 years, my big first shop for saltwater fishing tackle was there a few years ago. I took an afternoon off work and spent close to $1000. That was a few fish and a lot of cannonballs ago now!

Moving forward, I can’t wait to see how nice the store will be when it gets fully rebuilt ASAP! Best of luck to the staff and management.

Last edited:
Hope all works out for them, We had 1 fire in our strata last year. Only partial damage to the unit. When we went to renew insurance this year and went to 30 different insurance agencies non will insure us for full value and were probably going to have to self insure the remaining amount in the future.

Great guys I am so sorry for them I certainly hope they get a good adjuster I hope we all patronize them as soon as they are up and running don’t buy on line wait for them!!

Sad to hear. I really hope they get themselves back on their feet. Have always been my go to. I'll wait to rig out the boat until I hear of their plans.

Attention DFO: Some good news for the sport sector might help!!

Back