What's for dinner tonight ?

Traditional (for us) Christmas Eve Fondue. Free Range Lamb, Free Range Chicken, Whitetail Tenderloin, Free Range Pork Tenderloin and all the veggies!

ePHMVVu.jpg

Served with a good Red by Candlelight of course!

wk1egl1.jpg

Awesome as usual, and once again no room for dessert!!

Cheers,
Nog
Num Nums !!!!

Roast turned out perfect. Just a hint of smoke. View attachment 49690

Looks scrumptious. I did one last night with homemade yorkies. The thermometer read 135 when I took it out to rest for 30 minutes and was a little too pink for most of my family’s liking.

I got three different thermometer readings - top under the fat cap but between the bones, front and side and each temp reading was different so I took an average of the three readings to come up with 135.

What’s the best location on a prime rib for thermometer placement?

Looks scrumptious. I did one last night with homemade yorkies. The thermometer read 135 when I took it out to rest for 30 minutes and was a little too pink for most of my family’s liking.

I got three different thermometer readings - top under the fat cap but between the bones, front and side and each temp reading was different so I took an average of the three readings to come up with 135.

What’s the best location on a prime rib for thermometer placement?
Thanks! I killed the heat at 125 and let it sit in the warm smoker for an hour while we waited to serve. By the time I pulled it out to sear it before serving it was at 130. Probably 135 towards the ends. This was 100% medium rare, sometimes my wife thinks it looks "bloody" still but it's so far from it. I put the probe in the end of the roast dead center and as deep as possible.

Back