Do you support staying on Daylight Savings Time year-round?

fogged in

I prefer keeping the switch to Pacific Standard time each October as I do not like the idea of it being dark in the morning at 8 am.
You can sign a petition saying no to the change being considered here;
http://chng.it/JP96fXjTHv

Personally I've been getting up in the dark for half the year for most of my adult life...afternoon sun I will actually get to see and enjoy. It doesn't mean anything to me if the sun comes up 30 minutes or 90 minutes after I get to work. This is the situation for a lot of people, and I think this is why year round DST is such a popular idea.

I’d rather a longer afternoon as well for a 1/3 of the year i leave for work in the dark and am home in the dark anyways

The provincial govt already did this pole online. Approx 93% of respondents voted for permanent DST NOT PST! Sorry, the majority spoke very loudly on this one.

Prefer DST too. Besides the longer winter afternoons, I wouldn't want summer daylight starting at 3am if on SDT.

Non of this matters to me. I say its all some made up fake BS that people can now *****, whine and complain about. Does 1 hr really change or make our life so hard? Try a 1 hr time change 12 days straight when sailing around the world, or loosing/gaining or redoing a day when crossing the International Date Line. Non really hurts or matters, everyone still worked, got along, nobody had issues, sailing life went on normally.

Was it not started to save $$ on hydro, and make people safer travelling during daylight? Has so much changed that this is now moot or is it another way to waste/spend Gov $$? What will the real non BS benefits be? There are far bigger issues I think our Gov should be worrying about. Maybe BC should do a 1/2 hr difference and be like the Eastern province? Ha Ha

HM

When I am on summer holidays I don't look at the clock. When I am retired I won't look at the clock. As a working stiff I much prefer having some daylight in the evening, as do 93% of the people of BC apparently.

Time change is horrible with young children. That hour makes a huge change in routine. We find it takes about a month for them to settle in. Totally not worth it. I think anyone with kids under 10 would agree. Get rid of the time change!!

Are you "Sure" Hali none of this matters? :) Finz for "DST" .....
It matters to some, just by the whining, all the hype fake news has given it and of course our Premier thinks its his legacy BS. But to me retired, I want to be fishing for sunup, and back on anchor for dark. Hali/ling/bottom fish by the currents not time of day. Don't really worry what the clock says. Admit I am a minority and very lucky.

When kids were growing up I don't remember any big issue, that seams to be 2020. Only comment was remember to change alarms, no big medical worry, no negative life issues to blame on a 1 hour time change. While hunting after fall back 1 hr extra time in tent and not hunting sucked, but you got more time in morning.

HM

It matters to some, just by the whining, all the hype fake news has given it and of course our Premier thinks its his legacy BS. But to me retired, I want to be fishing for sunup, and back on anchor for dark. Hali/ling/bottom fish by the currents not time of day. Don't really worry what the clock says. Admit I am a minority and very lucky.

When kids were growing up I don't remember any big issue, that seams to be 2020. Only comment was remember to change alarms, no big medical worry, no negative life issues to blame on a 1 hour time change. While hunting after fall back 1 hr extra time in tent and not hunting sucked, but you got more time in morning.

HM

I'm with you, I don't see the big deal. When the time changes, it takes no adjustment for me. When my kids were small, it was the same. Nobody suffered, you just changed the clock and got on with things. I don't remember anybody complaining. I don't see what all the hullabaloo is about.

Like the others say, I also would prefer more sun in the afternoon so im all for staying with DST. And with an autistic child, the time change is a huge pain in the butt.

Back