Shore fishing in the winter...

Mike1266

With the boat winterized and desperate for some fishing action.. where can a man go to get some fish on the hook? Flounders, herring, whatever. I know it might be tough to get a bite this time of year.. any suggestions?

I would love to, but how would you maintain it during colder nights? Wouldn't the water in the engine freeze and damage the block/etc? I'm a fairly new boater so thought I would play it safe.

Just the feeling standing at the waters edge with a pourpoise makes me feel good.Mike how far you willing to travel from home?theres places that have been spoken about to fish from shore .catching is another thing.so line up your soluner calender and chuck some white bombs or tie up a weighted gold phesnent fly with a float line for flouner.create the dream and others will follow.

I would love to, but how would you maintain it during colder nights? Wouldn't the water in the engine freeze and damage the block/etc? I'm a fairly new boater so thought I would play it safe.
The easiest, if you have an inboard/outboard, is to put a light bulb in the engine compartment. It will keep all fluids from freezing during the chilly nights.
If you have an outboard, then you should be fine with rinses and fogging the motor.
I make sure to start mine at least every month as well. Mostly to keep the shakes away ;)

Last edited:
Just the feeling standing at the waters edge with a pourpoise makes me feel good.Mike how far you willing to travel from home?theres places that have been spoken about to fish from shore .catching is another thing.so line up your soluner calender and chuck some white bombs or tie up a weighted gold phesnent fly with a float line for flouner.create the dream and others will follow.
As long as it's on the mainland, I am willing to go try it. I would love to just get out there and get a line wet, but catching something would definitely make it more enjoyable. :)

The easiest, if you have an inboard/outboard, is to put a light bulb in the engine compartment. It will keep all fluids from freezing during the chilly nights.
I make sure to start mine at least every month as well. Mostly to keep the shakes away ;)

Unfortunately, I do not have an electric outlet near where my boat is stored, so that will not be an option for me :(

If your a amble batchlor I would suggest some of the parks NWshore van.work your navonics free app and google mapping and leave a trip log with a trusted friend and belive.good luck and be safe. go pt gray for flounder ?.you could try steveson at the mouth of the frazer?.theres a park there.never done any of the things I posted but willing one day to try.bucket list for sure.

As long as it's on the mainland, I am willing to go try it. I would love to just get out there and get a line wet, but catching something would definitely make it more enjoyable. :)

Go fish for Steelhead

Back