Buying Tuna

You know...I would be interested in scoring a tuna or two off any of our South Island guys that do tuna runs.

I realize it's not the season but now that somebody mentioned ceviche I really could go for some quality tuna.

Or you know, if it gets annoying to haul them in yourself, I'd pony up for fuel costs etc to get a spot on somebody's boat for a tuna run in 2020.

You know...I would be interested in scoring a tuna or two off any of our South Island guys that do tuna runs.

I realize it's not the season but now that somebody mentioned ceviche I really could go for some quality tuna.

Or you know, if it gets annoying to haul them in yourself, I'd pony up for fuel costs etc to get a spot on somebody's boat for a tuna run in 2020.

cheapest place right now is t&t, not sure if they have them stores on the island

They get REAL expensive this time of year, lol.

I just bought some frozen Ahi from quality foods. 2x 6oz pieces for $8. Made some poke with it and it was delicious!

Good deal on loins from French creek. 15$ a lb or 20 lb case for 250$. works out to 12.50 a lb. Real nice clean loins

Sorry, why do you fish? What do you mean nothing? Sounds like an epic adventure with friends regardless of the outcome. To each their own I guess.
This thread is about buying tuna not the experience

I pointed out that it was a good deal compared to a possible $500-$600 fuel bill on a 10-14 hr day for nada

What is the name of the boat?
Can't remember Troy's boat name. He is down by the ferry. Signs on the hwy and all through the parking lot. Sell Side Strip Shrimp and Tuna. Up north working so I'm not 100% sure if he is there after new years. I'm home Tues so I will let people know if he is

If you want to purchase some commercial tuna, there is a guys who owns a farm on Northwest Bay Road in Nanoose - he has a store on the farm. Sells a lot of farm products including his Tuna. To find him, turn onto Northwest Bay at Petro Canada, then drive past the Red Gap shopping mall and the Nanoose Bay Elementary school, then cross rail tracks for second time and then look on left hand side for his store sign.

If you want to purchase some commercial tuna, there is a guys who owns a farm on Northwest Bay Road in Nanoose - he has a store on the farm. Sells a lot of farm products including his Tuna. To find him, turn onto Northwest Bay at Petro Canada, then drive past the Red Gap shopping mall and the Nanoose Bay Elementary school, then cross rail tracks for second time and then look on left hand side for his store sign.[/QUO

Back