Petition e-2341: Demand Democratic Process on Liberals' Firearms Agenda

Received an email from Nipissing-Renfrew MP Cheryl Gallant, she fully understands the Liberals attack on members of her riding and has started a challenge to educate all MP's before any vote is held. She wants MP's to take the PAL course prior to the vote on C-71. I forwarded the form letter to my MP, Mr Allister MacGregor but then sent a personal email asking him to educate himself. After last years email response (posted on here) he clearly has no idea about any current firearm laws in Canada. No response yet but its the season and I expect non.

Does anyone really think the Libs will change? Its always a repeat with this party. What's that saying about crazy?=Liberals and private gun ownership, round and round.

HM

Sent that same request to Gord Johns. We'll see...

In the meantime:

Support surges for Conservative petition against ban

Determined gun owners who support the petition oppose Liberal suggestions a ban on the guns will be done through regulations passed by Prime Minister Trudeau and his cabinet.

The e-petition sponsored by Alberta MP Glen Motz had accumulated 43,022 signatures by 1:40 p.m. EST Friday, after signatures opened on Tuesday this week.

The petition, started by a constituent in Motz’s Medicine Hat riding, claims a ban on the rifles, also referred to as assault rifles, through regulation only would be “an egregious overreach of executive authorities, bypassing the democratic process of the House and the elected representatives of Canadians.”

https://ipolitics.ca/2019/12/20/sup...ative-petition-against-ban-on-assault-rifles/

Keep the signatures coming Folks, and spread this petition as wide and far as you can!!

Cheers,
Nog

or let me guess, you'd argue that "criminals don't follow gun laws"?

That's juvenile at best... Why have any laws if criminals don't follow them right....

Of all the things to spend time on in this life, guns seem a pointless thing to hang ones hat on.

What you are referring to has been banned in Canada for one hell of a long time.

The sporting versions are well used for hunting purposes.

Go troll somewhere else until you can grasp the facts in this matter.

Cheers,
Nog

I'm open to being educated - what is the assault style rifle that is used for hunting?

waiting on the one random example of someone killing a deer from a baited tree stand... At least be genuine in the argument, you like the guns and think they're cool. But nobody is really hunting with assault rifles.

waiting on the one random example of someone killing a deer from a baited tree stand... At least be genuine in the argument, you like the guns and think they're cool. But nobody is really hunting with assault rifles.
Statements like your 2 above are the reason I say DUMBED DOWN CANADIANS are rampart, even within our fishing ranks. An anti hunter also with that statement. You obviously have a computer, please spend an hour or two and enjoy some education. Ensure you look at trusted info, not Lib propaganda when educating.

Thanks

HM

Statements like your 2 above are the reason I say DUMBED DOWN CANADIANS are rampart, even within our fishing ranks. An anti hunter also with that statement. You obviously have a computer, please spend an hour or two and enjoy some education. Ensure you look at trusted info, not Lib propaganda when educating.

Thanks

HM

I don't hunt personally, but definitely pro-hunting. Just don't get the weird obsession with guns... What am I missing? The ban is assault style weapons that have no value for hunting, is that a false statement?

Definitely false...not only are a lot of "assault" style rifles - by which I mean rifles that you would probably look at and call "assault rifles" - used to hunt worldwide, it's popular right here in Canada also.

78964031_2497425277180395_198314247967473664_n.jpg

That bear was shot by the girlfriend of a good friend of mine, here in Canada...it became burgers and sausages. I could post fifty pictures like that, all taken in Canada.

And if you go to any country that allows it, the AR-15 has become one of the most popular hunting platforms. They're durable, accurate, reliable, lightweight, available in a wide range of useful calibres, easy to affix optics to, and there has been an absolutely mind-boggling amount of development done because it's the most popular sporting rifle in America.

So yes, that statement is false, and sporting rifles have changed. We're better at making guns now than we were fifty years ago, so in some ways the fact that the appearance of popular rifles has changed shouldn't really be a surprise. Does a truck today look exactly like a truck from 1960? No, it does everything better and has a ton of features that people then couldn't dream of. Same with rifles.

eta: last night I made a mess of that first sentence - I had stopped partway through to go pull that pic, and changed the sentence structure in my head halfway through so the second half did not match the first half, hence the edit this morning.

Last edited:
I don't hunt personally, but definitely pro-hunting. Just don't get the weird obsession with guns... What am I missing? The ban is assault style weapons that have no value for hunting, is that a false statement?
Sorry man you are missing the whole earth. For the last 100 years, firearm types and hunting guns have generally followed each other. Meaning after a war the firearm used follows people home to become the most used weapon for hunting. Its happening today with todays "modern sporting rifle". I would not ask or expect a non hunter/shooter/user of such a weapon to understand the attraction, fun, joy and lifestyle from shooting, using and properly, safely and legally owning such a weapon. I will say I have NEVER had anyone after a morning, day, afternoon at the range saying that they did not enjoy the experience. Even further as a Military member firing a full 30 rd full auto MP5 so fast the first and last round are still airborne when mag is empty is shear JOY. As a range Officer; Target to your front, one pull, TREAT. Or strapped in and hanging out the helicopter door while shooting a full 500rd box of C6 while flying 300 km hr + is "exhilarating. Yes both memories still provide goosebumps, these were military full auto, meaning 1 trigger pull=30rds or 50+ rds fired. These are NOT allowed by any civilian member in Canada, even me and I am one of only 1300 top licence' holders in Canada.

What I would expect from all Canadians is to know the facts. Understand that confiscation from the most secure legal members of Canadian society is DAM WRONG. No laws have been, or are broken. One fool is scared shitless and has an ingrown hatred for private firearm ownership. There is not a validated confirmed stat that supports Canadian confiscation, making a weapon type illegal or stronger laws to the already most law abiding citizen will somehow make Canadians safer. Persons who perform illegal acts and criminal activity do not follow laws. Killing, attempted murder, shooting a pistol outside a legal range, even transporting a pistol without RCMP knowledge is and has been illegal in Canada for longer than I have been here. (45 years) This Government has reduced sentences, made illegal solitary confinement, rescinded max sentences, rescinded automatic extra years for gun crimes. Over 2 billion dollars were spent on the last ill conceived registry, (imagine what that could have done if redirected to the correct agencies) and many more EVERY time a Lib Gov is elected. NONE have reduced crime, murder or gun violence, gun violence has gone down over the last 40 years. Only recently gang violence has driven numbers up. Gun laws do not work, only fool Liberals keep going round and round. (A good rat song.) Do not believe a word I say. Look up truthful data and understand for yourself. Website below is a "biased" gun owner site, look at what they say and challenge yourself to verify. You will be amazed at what's going on.

https://firearmrights.ca/en/home/

HM

I'm open to being educated - what is the assault style rifle that is used for hunting?

I normally avoid feeding any and all trolls, however in this case am willing to make a brief exception.

Before we begin, please provide us with your definition of the term: military style assault style weapons.

Waiting...
Nog

I normally avoid feeding any and all trolls, however in this case am willing to make a brief exception.

Before we begin, please provide us with your definition of the term: military style assault style weapons.

Waiting...
Nog

Canada's leader was asked the same question. His asshole response was those "ugly" guns. WTH, who's interpretation. Just read yesterday that nobody is releasing what weapons will be deemed prohibited, illegal or confiscated. The reason given was the Gov does not want owners to run out and start a mass purchase? Its too late for them to stop that. Total idiots, it wont end, round and round but never learn. I can only imagine what his City with no pistols rule will create.

HM

nah - I think they should ban military style assault style weapons. Oh wait... you hunt with them right?
I don't own one.and if the magazine only holds 5 and the rivet is not drilled out i see no problem with a modern day hunting riffle other than the weight .semi auto has been around for ever .i did find with semi auto you could get a cartrage that has no powder and the primer can discharge the bullet and get stuck in the tube and need manual release of spent shell ,and if another round gose in without acts and prove you could die.

unforunaty there are more and more stupid canadians having stupid canadian children and the glorifide school babysitters are doing nothing to keep our nations children strong and free for familys and comunitys of like minded safe loving god (Good,Orderly,Direction for some) fearing canaidian outdoor enthusiests.Im not saying put a loaded gun in the hands of a child(having your gun not locked and your ammo not locked up seperatly is a loaded gun).just saying the schools should educate everyone at a young age on how on land ,air ,and water to take safe aim and how to be prepared,and resond to accidents .instead children are being taught how to fit in with other stupid familys within stupid community citys and there is more of them than us.i appologize for my rant.fc

Back