Those chinese knock off boats

Our parts supplier started having Morse transmission shifters manufactured in China. Looked and fit exactly the same however steel shifter gates that never wore out before would last weeks. They eventually got better. Rubber in the lever quadrant didn't get better, 4 to 5 months before they tore apart compared to years.

There are well established US based quality control companies in China. Many ISO 9000 and six sigma.

It is actually frightening how advanced some of the manufacturing has gotten there. Never used to be that way. I think you would be suprised. Been there and seen it.

The trend now though Chinese workers are demanding more money and India is where a lot of stuff is going. It is shame really. All of our stuff should be made here in North America.

The metal production I agree with for some materials . I personally won't buy chinese steel and we had issues with it in another company I used to work for.

5 years ago Chinese aluminium was hit and miss. There were bad batches and some decent batches. Now it's very rare to get a bad batch of Chinese aluminium. Lots of vendors I deal with making high end products use North American aluminium and we've never had any issues. I don't deal with any stainless at work, just consumer stuff I use personally and i feel it's still garbage.

not defending, but their quality is slowly ramping up. remember all the crap pumped out of japan after the war? now japan is making higher end stuff. same model. they will get it eventually.

I work for a company that makes brewing and distilling equipment and the market is getting flooded with Chinese equipment . 10 yrs.' ago the quality of the equipment was horrible, they are making some comparable stuff now.

came across this old thread. I was wondering about his as well. It's 2023 any brave soul tried it yet :) can share real experience. I came across some fairly decent reviews from Australian buyers on YouTube. seems thorough and legit
Summary was not great but not bad at all, many local built had similar issues.. didn't see any reviews from North American though..

Back