2019 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article says three non-resident people. I sure hope they aren't Americans, as a Washingtonian myself, my family and I love coming up and fishing as the conservation and hatchery efforts in BC are far superior. It would be a smudge on the reputation of WA state fishermen like my family. I don't see any registration on the boat but I think I remember seeing this boat around in early August, Cutwater boats are very popular in the San Juans of Washington

Washington State trio charged with numerous fishing violations

https://www.campbellrivermirror.com...rio-charged-with-numerous-fishing-violations/

As a Washington resident and a person who appreciates the amazing water that the US and British Columbia share, it sickens me when anybody treats natural resources in that manner. It is my hope that they are prosecuted to the fullest extent possible. I love coming to British Columbia. I hope they are never allowed back in your beautiful country.

Last edited:

I guess all the people who thought DFO don't charge US boats for violations under the act were just proven wrong....thankfully. I see lots of good folks from Washington up in Nootka every summer who respect the regs/laws. The parking at the Gold River launch is 50% WA vehicles. Most know the regs as well as any Canadian and follow them.

I guess all the people who thought DFO don't charge US boats for violations under the act were just proven wrong....thankfully. I see lots of good folks from Washington up in Nootka every summer who respect the regs/laws. The parking at the Gold River launch is 50% WA vehicles. Most know the regs as well as any Canadian and follow them.
I agree with the above sentiment but those folks who got caught should be banned from entering Canada period. If this was a Canadian violating U.S. law there would be no question-lifetime ban from the U.S.!!!!

there is so much about this that annoys me. the officers could not even identify what kind of rockfish species they had killed. so they basically turned the fillets into hamburger and then chucked it into a liquor store bag, if that. same as the lings.

same as the licence violations. imagine planning a multi- thousand dollar trip ( for them) and then not buying a salmon tag. absolute morons

next time save your cash and buy some properly handled seafood from Pike Place Market. what a waste...

I agree with the above sentiment but those folks who got caught should be banned from entering Canada period. If this was a Canadian violating U.S. law there would be no question-lifetime ban from the U.S.!!!!

ha ha ha

glad you think we're that good. We are just as incompetent when it comes to catching and deterring poachers.

As a Washington resident I don't even know how to respond to these 3 morons from my home waters. A 30ft Cutwater boat, outfitted for salmon fishing, is well over $200k USD. Obviously, money is not an issue for the boat owner who must think he is beyond the scope of the law and greed is more important then following regulation and protecting the resource. Confiscate his boat and ban him from ever entering Canada again.

Fireball
CCA Washington

I will echo the sentiment of WA anglers being afforded the opportunity to fish in BC waters. I make one trip every year to Esperanza and take my son, my brother, my friend, whoever can go, in a given year. We spend one week in Canada (BC) and we thoroughly enjoy our trips. I make sure that everyone I take with me treats the opportunity the same way I do. We are guests in BC and we don't want to do anything unlawful, disrespectful or otherwise make our presence a problem for the people of BC. Thank you for the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back