Need Help Setting-up a Dual Station Please...

I have one of these at each station

Attachments

• morse.jpg
    morse.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 16
Any ideas which is better for single outboard dual station setup, tandem/series or parallel?
View attachment 49215

Just my experience. I bought boat it had dual station throttle going parallel to the throttle BUT they were not working together. When I tried to make them work together throttle was very stiff. Changed out cables and had two separate cable failures with stiff cables. Change it to series and it is way better. Not sure why, it shouldn't make any difference but it did. Hopefully cable failures are behind me. Coming into the harbour sitting upstairs and having a cable failure at cruising speed gets your heart racing.

i may have a spare set of controls or dual mercs new cables are the way to go about $50 a cable shoot me a msg unless your going new as mine are used.

i may have a spare set of controls or dual mercs new cables are the way to go about $50 a cable shoot me a msg unless your going new as mine are used.

PM sent... :)

I just called Boat House Port Alberni, they suggested to sell my cabled 300 and purchase a dec 300, Graham mentioned they do not do a dual station with cables because its a "wonky" system and you are always adjusting... ?

Hmm, I have never had to adjust my cable controls. Wonky? Cables have been around for decades. Pick your poison wisely. $100 cables or $5000 modules that give you no way to overide in an emergency when they quit working. Kinda like old cars and new cars...lift up the hood of an old car and you can fix a problem and get home. Don’t even bother lifting the hood on a new car...just call for a hook.

Last edited:
I also had Morse dual controls and never had any problems. Never even touched them and they worked fine.

The guy is trying to up sell you, keep it simple. As mentioned dual station and Morse cables have been around for years. How many pleasure crafts with Bridges are out there that were built before the electronic world starting taking over.

The guy is trying to up sell you, keep it simple. As mentioned dual station and Morse cables have been around for years. How many pleasure crafts with Bridges are out there that were built before the electronic world starting taking over.

Simple is good, I like it! and you are right, lots of dual station riggings with the Morse system... Any ideas where I can price out Morse controls x 2, do they have to be two levers or can I get a single lever setup?

The one I pulled off mine when I ripped and sawed my fly bridge off and threw it to the concrete (funny interjection right?) was set up in series dual lever. Move one shifter and the other one moves, same with throttle. No experience however I would think it would be the best way to do it.

Just don't store too much stuff up there that might shift in transit and then get lodged against your shifter as you come up to the fuel dock and then have to desperately stumble up your ladder to get it out of the way so you can throw into reverse last second and cause the poor Indian boy to nearly **** himself as your anchor almost goes through the store window... could happen.

Just don't store too much stuff up there that might shift in transit and then get lodged against your shifter as you come up to the fuel dock and then have to desperately stumble up your ladder to get it out of the way so you can throw into reverse last second and cause the poor Indian boy to nearly **** himself as your anchor almost goes through the store window... could happen.

O my, how did you come up with that, wow I will not store anything on, around or beside the shifts... lol

Thats funnyer than sh...
Yeah never drove a dual station. I'm not sure what I would prefer.

Sounds like you may have missed something in a recent report hahaha

Back