Sea Lion Found Shot in Powell River

I’m all for the cull of these critters where it needs be but I’m also a strong believer in if your going to kill something then kill it. Give any living thing the dignity it deserves and a quick death if it’s required. This is an asshole that does this type of thing plain and simple.

I’m all for the cull of these critters where it needs be but I’m also a strong believer in if your going to kill something then kill it. Give any living thing the dignity it deserves and a quick death if it’s required. This is an asshole that does this type of thing plain and simple.

Yeah. Absolutely disgusting.

From what I understand about these weapons, whoever shot Archie was well aware that there was a possibility that this wouldn’t kill the animal, and yet they carried and shot him knowing that it would inflict great suffering. That is pretty unnerving.”

Last edited:
Yeah. Absolutely disgusting.

From what I understand about these weapons, whoever shot Archie was well aware that there was a possibility that this wouldn’t kill the animal, and yet they carried and shot him knowing that it would inflict great suffering. That is pretty unnerving.”
They don’t all need to die but they definitely need to be thinned out nobody believes In making them suffer

100% agree with you here. Good post.

Those guys don't have a clue. Obviously the fishing community understands that something needs to be done but if they think they can gain full public support they're out to lunch. This needs to be negotiated quietly with DFO and the Feds and executed swiftly with proper supervision. Good luck rallying public support via Facebook. Especially with long winded rants :rolleyes:

No need for this, ranks right up there in same category as hunting whales with 50 cals like a few years ago. Was not a crossbow with an arrow wound as story states. Crossbows fire bolts/quarrels, bows fire arrows. Just saying, minor technicality but would be nice if all reported as we read was fact. Look how whales are currently harvested in Canadas/Alaska's North?? May shock some? Real hunters always ask for a quick humane death in all prey we pursue.

HM

that whole comment on " knowing that the crossbow might not kill the sea lion" is total BS. an arrow/bolt with a broadhead is amazingly lethal, does devastating damage. ive watched animals die faster with an arrow through them than with a rifle..... author just tuggin on peoples heart strings

Back