PROBLEM SOLVED Remanufactured Truck Transmission

Stosh

Rather than having a transmission rebuilt, I’d prefer to find a remanufactured one. It seems that in this part of the world the only option is to have one rebuilt. The local shops I’ve spoken to say that until the trans is opened up, it’s difficult to offer an accurate cost. However by that time, you are at the mercy of the rebuilder.
Has anyone on this site had any experience buying a remanufactured transmission. If you have, please send me your recommendation.
Thanks in advance
Stosh

Isn't a re-manufactured transmission the same as rebuilding your own transmission???? It's new parts into an old CORE, so that is the same?
I had mine rebuilt at Mister Transmission. And they upgraded some parts and the torque converter to a heavier duty version. This was on a Ram 3500 Cummins and it was around $5,000.00 and that was the best price around.

At work we have rebuilt the transmission on an E250 work van twice. Each time was around $2,000.00. Makes you think twice about putting miles on the Ram haha.

might help if we know what tranny you want
Noluck
I’m looking for a remanufactured trans for a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder. The radiator and by pass where done a year ago, but it wasn’t done in time. This is a common problem with Pathfinders, Frontiers and other Nissans.
Stosh

12 year old vehicle...I would buy a cheap used to get it back on the road...get it re and re'd and then sell it. The last auto trans I had fail was in an 1994 Astro Van. I found another one being sold for $400 on used Victoria....it was rough but the trans was good. Bought it, had Alpine do the swap..that cost me about a grand. So into the swap for $1400.00 . Parted out the $400 van for about $800 in parts on used Victoria so the entire thing cost me $600.00 I kept the van as it was a work van and sold it 5 years later with over 300,000 k's on it.

Profisher
I wish it was that simple. The fact is, all Nissan’s that use the same transmission will eventually have the same problem.
It’s just a matter of time before the bypass fails and the coolant leaks into the trans. If it where any other brand, I might take a chance.
Thanks for your input
Stosh

Profisher
I wish it was that simple. The fact is, all Nissan’s that use the same transmission will eventually have the same problem.
It’s just a matter of time before the bypass fails and the coolant leaks into the trans. If it where any other brand, I might take a chance.
Thanks for your input
Stosh

Re route the cooler line from the rad to just the external transmission cooler if it has one already. If not stosh just get an external installed that will get rid of your failure point and not allow any coolant into the system :). Lots of fixes for that problem on the frontiers and xterras I’ve fixed a lot of em lol

King blazer
Wish I had known about that before my daughter spent money on a new rad only to find out that the coolant has wrecked the transmission. Apparently the corrosion caused by the coolant leaking into the transmission has caused the transmission failure. The Pathfinder is in great shape otherwise. In fact I’m willing to sell it for $2800 if anyone wants to deal with the trans issue.
Stosh

Back