Campbell River camping with moorage

MadJigga

Hey all.
I had a trip booked to Ukee for Aug 14-22 at Secret Beach. Was going to camp and bring the boat up for fishing and adventuring with my family. And wouldn’t you know it, my best friend decided he’s getting married during that slot, and wants me to stand with him. So, trip cancelled. Wedding is in Campbell River August 22nd. I’m hoping to still bring the boat up and camp with the family for a week around his date. I’m looking for recommendations as far as good family campgrounds close to the water and temp moorage options for my 208 Grady.
Cheers

Hey all.
I had a trip booked to Ukee for Aug 14-22 at Secret Beach. Was going to camp and bring the boat up for fishing and adventuring with my family. And wouldn’t you know it, my best friend decided he’s getting married during that slot, and wants me to stand with him. So, trip cancelled. Wedding is in Campbell River August 22nd. I’m hoping to still bring the boat up and camp with the family for a week around his date. I’m looking for recommendations as far as good family campgrounds close to the water and temp moorage options for my 208 Grady.
Cheers

X2 on Pacific Playgrounds. Talk to @Waterwolf2230. And go check out the Tackleshack, great stock and selection.

TAKU, heriott bay, we wai kai. all on Quadra, lots to do around the island and a great launch point to desolation sound.

Thunderbird RV Park & Campground -right on Tyee Spit, walking distance to mall and boat moorage with power and water. Campfire on beach in evening and watch the rowers and cruise ships
Salmon Point- South of town about 20Km, sheltered marina, in the forest. Small tackle shop, no water at docks, fuel can be problematic (water in).
Pacific Paygrounds- 25 km south of town on Oyster River,
The last two have entrances to the marina that are very shallow on a low tide.

Browns Bay as well. i thought the tackle shack closed down?!
The Tackle Shack is a seasonal tackle shop and is closed for the winter as it always has.

As for tides and the Pacific Playgrounds channel, it is night and day different than Salmon Point. On a 3’ tide I could quite easily get my 26’ RH in with twin engines where Salmon Point is mud all the way across on a 3’ tide. The channel at Playgrounds is dredged every spring. Just an FYI.

I have been through the channel at Pacific Playgrounds at low tide. Quite doable in most boats.

Oly

Back