New Fisheries Minister

A "professional" fundraiser and community newspaper advocate, as the fisheries minister... how does that make any sense.....?

Heartily agree w SV on the clone remark. However, I don't think voting for 3rd or 4th parties is the problem - the party system is the problem.

No, it will be Ottawa and the greens and the FN. Running the show on the west coast.

It’s just going back to the way it normally is have dfo Pacific buracrats run the west coast with Ottawa interfering once in awhile.

like everything else.. we need to see the body of work before we can say anything.. time will tell... :)

like everything else.. we need to see the body of work before we can say anything.. time will tell... :)

Nope.
What part of useless, uneducated, "professional" fundraiser and community newspaper advocate originally from Quebec who kisses Trudy's butt don't you get?

Simply another LIEberal dropped into yet another Ministry Butts can (and will ) control.
Period. Stop. Endo.

Nog

We have to deal with her now, so it is what it is.

Politics is a pressure and numbers game. ENGOs get this year after year they push hard and slowly build momentum.

The unfortunate part about casual fishermen is they may fus for one year but once the regulation is in they tend to move on to other areas and just give up lobbying for them to be open.

There are areas and fisheries where I believe science is on our side and we can keep pushing it for areas to get a bit of momentum and perhaps some more favourable regulations like hatchery only.

I believe she is from Nova Scotia not Quebec, regardless hopefully better decisions than the last minister

And this is one of the things she will do according to the report in the CBC.

Jordan will be tasked to explain the government's plan to expand the number of marine protected areas along Canada's East Coast. She will have to try to ease ongoing tensions surrounding the native lobster fishery and deal with North Atlantic right whale deaths as a result of marine traffic.

Note the word expand.

Back