Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

How does it handle at those speeds? With my old I/O 215 horse 302, I could maybe, maybe hit 40mph but I never run it over 35 as I would like my valvetrain to remain attached to the engine if possible.
It starts to chine walk just slightly at about 49 or 50mph. I had the pod extension portion narrowed a bit to accommodate the stock trim tabs which I later changed out anyways. If the pod extension was slightly wider and if the pod sat a little higher im sure we could hit 53 to 55 with no stability issues. We normally cruise around 32 to 35mph and at those speeds we get much better fuel economy than our old Honda 200

Last edited:
I checked on the boat. It has a patch about 4" x 4" on the hull and put the aluminum on the tiller for on the outboard ? . The seller didnt tell me why the patch on the hull?
The 150 HP is over power for the 17 feet boat.

“and put the aluminum on the tiller for on the outboard”

pardon? Are you saying the transom has been reinforced with aluminum?

This one would have sold long ago, the engine could be problematic.

My buddy was looking at this boat. The guy put a cedar floor in it. Cedar just soaks up water. Don’t know what the guy was thinking. As for the motor, fairly sure those hulls were rated for a 150 2 stroke. Still a lot of power for that hull though. But yes, I wouldn’t want to be out in the salt with a motor of that vintage. Gonna need a repower.

https://www.verusauctions.com/Browse/C160534/Marine

Nice 24’ Monaro. Looks like they knocked the leg off and it got a bit wet.

Be interesting to see what the Grady sells for, and the Monaro. How many people feel there’s a recession coming and how many think they can flip or repair a boat cheaply. Seems almost stupid w the Monaro to have to negotiate to buy the trailer and you buy the boat!

Last edited:
Back