Ok who hit the Tyee mark this year ???

Here's my almost tyee that did not get away...biggest fish I've ever caught locally. August 12th at Sandheads. Thought it had a chance of tipping the scales but weighed in at 28 pounds, 14 ounces. If it didn't get into the boat it would have been a tyee for sure :)

Attachments

• Almost a tyee - cropped.jpg
    Almost a tyee - cropped.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 133
Here's my almost tyee that did not get away...biggest fish I've ever caught locally. August 12th at Sandheads. Thought it had a chance of tipping the scales but weighed in at 28 pounds, 14 ounces. If it didn't get into the boat it would have been a tyee for sure :)
Now THAT'S a 28. Embarrassing what some guys guesses are.

Now THAT'S a 28. Embarrassing what some guys guesses are.

Please don't forget the 14 ounces!!!! I would have rounded it up to 29 pounds, but I dislike exaggerating a fish's weight :)

We caught a 19lb fish that day also, which looked like dwarf in comparison....

Over here we let the big ones go.
I only ever had one at 27 and I bonked it. That was 4 years ago. Haven't had anything much over 20 since then although I thought they were all 40s when they were running. I remember how different it looked than any other fish I've caught, like a sea monster. I think if I ever catch anything near that size or bigger I'd bonk it again. Don't get many chances like that around here.

Washington state rules, Release all unmarked chinook.

You are in good company. In the last ten years those of us who fish JDF have taken a close to 90% reduction in our access to Spring and Summer Chinook. This year we could not retain any Chinook until Aug 1st which was tied to a new 50% reduction in daily and annual limit. That includes no retention of marked Chinook and our own Public Sector Hatchery Chinook in defiance of all logic or sound fishery management practice, not that Ottawa will let us clip them mind you. Unfortunately this sacrifice has done nothing to restore Fraser Chinook because every reduction has been followed by a more than offsetting increase in the massive Lower Fraser netting operations.

Last edited:
View attachment 48138 My 1st Tyee, 33lbs 12oz, landed solo, drag broke on my reel and it almost spooled me, then had a net malfunction and gaffed it. Total **** show but got it in the boat!

Now that's a smile from ear to ear..... great memories on your first tyee. Congrats

Back