Okanagan Lake Fishing Reports 2018

well got out on saturday started at 7:35am and trolled bucktails till about 11:45 from bertram creek to squally point, not a single hit! All fish were marking in the 100'+ range all day except for a couple schools in the 50' range. Switched up to plugs (Lyman Trixie) at 12pm dropped to a 105' and bam not 5 mins after trolling over a school hit a 4lb bow nice clean healthy doe and back into the drink she went! Only stayed out till 12:45 and called it. Really odd the fish are still hanging so deep in cold water at 43F, usually they are in the top 30' this time of year!

Pulled some spoons on North end of Carr’s Landing yesterday 130-4, marked a few small schools between 55-70 ft, no hits. Beautiful day once the sun came out. Might be the last outing before the skis come out...

I got out yesterday am at 7:10am pushed away from the dock with the wifes uncle, we managed to get into some decent fish finally... peachland in 430' of water 63' on the rigger at around 11:45pm left rod goes off with a hard pop off the rigger. Fish takes off and goes air born its a nice fish peeling line, after about 10 min fight get the fish to the boat , netted 5 lb rainbow. So drop the same gear down (Betty White Fishinator Plug) not 10 mins after its at 67' rod pops off and tip almost hits the water, the fish takes off and is pulling like a raped ape! about 100' back we see it splash its tail and head "shes a beauty" wifes uncle yells over the wind. So during the fight about 5 mins in his reel back spools and wraps around the inside of the arbor of his large arbor fly reel.... now we have this 10+ lb rainbow pulling like hell and trying to run. I tell him to play it like a fly rod now that the reel wont unspool or reel in, so hes stripping in prob 150' worth of line by hang like its fly line! lol needless to say it was a little bit of a process but man we got rewarded, landed a 10 1/2lb rainbow. Just as we were ending the day we were able to get into another 3lb healthy bow on the same plug yet again, beautiful sunny day on the water but had to fight the waves a little but it all paid off in the long run! heres some pics of the 5 and 10lb

Lb2BDkq.jpg

F9RecId.jpg

GRq9esR.jpg

choppy down south. 430 ft of water must be right out in the middle by Peachland?

Do you use dummy flashers when you’re fishing plugs?

I got out yesterday am at 7:10am pushed away from the dock with the wifes uncle, we managed to get into some decent fish finally... peachland in 430' of water 63' on the rigger at around 11:45pm left rod goes off with a hard pop off the rigger. Fish takes off and goes air born its a nice fish peeling line, after about 10 min fight get the fish to the boat , netted 5 lb rainbow. So drop the same gear down (Betty White Fishinator Plug) not 10 mins after its at 67' rod pops off and tip almost hits the water, the fish takes off and is pulling like a raped ape! about 100' back we see it splash its tail and head "shes a beauty" wifes uncle yells over the wind. So during the fight about 5 mins in his reel back spools and wraps around the inside of the arbor of his large arbor fly reel.... now we have this 10+ lb rainbow pulling like hell and trying to run. I tell him to play it like a fly rod now that the reel wont unspool or reel in, so hes stripping in prob 150' worth of line by hang like its fly line! lol needless to say it was a little bit of a process but man we got rewarded, landed a 10 1/2lb rainbow. Just as we were ending the day we were able to get into another 3lb healthy bow on the same plug yet again, beautiful sunny day on the water but had to fight the waves a little but it all paid off in the long run! heres some pics of the 5 and 10lb

Lb2BDkq.jpg

F9RecId.jpg

GRq9esR.jpg

choppy down south. 430 ft of water must be right out in the middle by Peachland?

Do you use dummy flashers when you’re fishing plugs?

Was about 2' chop was interesting when fighting the fish and trying to net lol but it was worth it either way we made due, as for dummy's nah we find its more gear that just gets tangled up. I only use dummys for salmon mostly, for lake fishing we fish naked plugs only but about 20' back off the clip.

Location was roughly across from downtown peachland heading towards the beach north in that 400' range and didnt mark any fish on the sounder... lol typical

Nice reports guys! My retirement plan could very well take me to Kelowna. I lived there for 7 years and still have a couple rental properties, one in Glenmore and another in Black Mountain.

Given the state of salmon fishing down here, OK Lake looks like a reasonable replacement big-water salmon like experience to chase those double digit rainbows!

Hit the other lakes in the area for Kokanee like Wood and Kal Lake.

Of course tons of opportunity to target smaller waters for big rainbows at the trophy fly fishing lakes around 'Loops.

Let alone the awesome bass fishing just south of there.

So many options, just might make sense.

Nice reports guys! My retirement plan could very well take me to Kelowna. I lived there for 7 years and still have a couple rental properties, one in Glenmore and another in Black Mountain.

Given the state of salmon fishing down here, OK Lake looks like a reasonable replacement big-water salmon like experience to chase those double digit rainbows!

Hit the other lakes in the area for Kokanee like Wood and Kal Lake.

Of course tons of opportunity to target smaller waters for big rainbows at the trophy fly fishing lakes around 'Loops.

Let alone the awesome bass fishing just south of there.

So many options, just might make sense.

couple guys on Skaha lake just landed a 18lb rainbow on a bucktail yesterday as well

Back