2019 Campbell River Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished separation and deep water bay 10 -4. No wind, smooth water, with little currents, very enjoyable conditions. After completely missing our first hook up noticing the flasher on the surface with the squirt 3/4 up the leader we converted at 11 am 55’. #2 hit about 3pm at 90’, all three liked the mp15 mini squirt, close to Separation Head. Nice to see the chum starting to show.
Could not upload the picture

Went 2-3 yesterday at browns bay off the light house ,one fish was caught at 25’the other was around 50’ longer ltr dead slow

Nice to see a few starting to show up-- even if its slow. I was out a week ago for zip-- the tides had messed up Deepwater, Separation and wall with a lot of floating logs , stumps, kelp etc. I gave up rather quickly. Question...... couple of guys I know fish chovies behind a flasher with an almost dead drift- just kick the engine enough to turn over the flasher and the chovie every now and then.. I have tried it but never got it to work. Anyone else had any luck with chovies ?

Nice to see a few starting to show up-- even if its slow. I was out a week ago for zip-- the tides had messed up Deepwater, Separation and wall with a lot of floating logs , stumps, kelp etc. I gave up rather quickly. Question...... couple of guys I know fish chovies behind a flasher with an almost dead drift- just kick the engine enough to turn over the flasher and the chovie every now and then.. I have tried it but never got it to work. Anyone else had any luck with chovies ?

I ran meat for them a few years ago and had success. Chrome/blue/purple head. Dead slow troll, 6' leader. Plastic is just easier to fish.

my understanding is they have closed the commys to chum fishing as the returns are so bad. test sets of five or six fish up at Robson Bight. have not been able to confirm closure online yet.
not good

Fished Browns Bay for chum from 11-4 yesterday. No fish for us and saw only a couple of fish caught that being said it was a beautiful day on the water and we had a lovely Humpback show off salmon point.

Fished the Green yesterday- 11 to 2. Quiet for us but did see a boat on a double - prawn traps at Francisco we’re decent.

6 for 10 today at deep water ,not worth getting up early the bite came on after lunch and was steady until around two ,little faster then usual and rocking Mario Lemieux depth’

Attachments

• 45849DB9-CAA4-4AB8-9D2C-FD7CFC7E213D.png
    45849DB9-CAA4-4AB8-9D2C-FD7CFC7E213D.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 175
Fished at Deepwater Bay on Saturday from about 9:30 to 3:30. Not one bite. 8-9 other boats. Saw 6-7 fish caught, 4 from one boat alone. All caught before 11:00 am. Very slow.

Fished Deepwater again on Monday from 8 to Noon. Went 2 for 2, both chum. About 6 other boats fishing in the area. Didn't see anyone else playing a fish. Again, very slow. One commy seining inside the boundary in Deepwater Bay. I was too far away to see how well he was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back